Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
CloudNaranjo
Style_council
CloudNaranjo

How can I use some pretty formal dresses casually?. I’ve bought several dresses, but they seem more party appropriate, I find it a waste to have them reserved for those occasions! How can I accesorize them to “level” them down? (They’re all knee length, and shimmery)

posted over 4 years ago
kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

sneakers, or sandals. belt or a casual cardigan? you could wear a whole top over it and make it look like a skirt, too!

posted over 4 years ago

JPB
Style_council
JPB

i know some people like to dress down their dresses by wearing a casual tshirt underneath, but it really depends on the type of dress.

posted over 4 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

Or you could wear a skirt over the skirt part.

posted over 4 years ago

ThePageStaysBlank
Style_council
ThePageStays...

Throwing a shirt over it to make it seem like a skirt can work well. Wearing a jacket over it can make it more casual too. Sometimes throwing a jean jacket over a shiny top helps tone it down. May work well here too.

posted over 4 years ago

wardrobewars
Style_council
wardrobewars

Flat shoes – white plimsolls or Keds – and denimize!!! Add a jean jacket, or a loose denim shirt left open. Wear a hat – trilby or fedora – or put pants on under the dress – skinny jeans or jeggings even.
In our latest post we take one dress and style it in two ways – one as a formal dress with heels and the other with leggings and sneakers. Check it out for ideas !

xoxo

The Wardrobe Wars : take a look, we’d love your feedback – follow if you like what you see!

posted over 4 years ago

WildCatt
Style_council
WildCatt

tights under them and a cardigan or leather jacket over them, and worn with flats instead of heels,

posted over 4 years ago

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

-switch up you shoes for flats and throw on a chunky knit cardigan
-put on some skinny jeans or leggings underneath the dress along with a tee shirt underneath too
-belt a colorful hoodie over the dress and pair with some sandals

its all about materials, if you throw a knit over fancier material it dresses it down almost automatically.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION