Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
appleblossom501
Style_council
appleblossom501

So I have an interview at Forever 21 and I would really really love to get this job, what would you recommend I wear to it? I was thinking of going fairly casual, maybe wearing a dressed down dress/blazer combo?
Would it be more important to show my knowledge of current trends in what I wear or my own personal style?

posted almost 4 years ago
irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

I think wearing their merchandise would be really helpful, naturally.

I also think that personal style is more important, because if you look at Forever 21 employees they all look unique and different, expressing their personal style. However, I think that it is important to show your knowledge of current trends, especially the ones F21 pushes with their current merchandise.

For example, if they are really focused on a floral trend or something, find a way to incorporate it into your style. Your perspective on the trends are important.

afell
Style_council
afell

from working there before just dress like yourself.. they like you to reflect your personal style in their store, incorporating their items into your wardrobe. f21 has all different kinds of clothes so all different kinds of girls can shop there. i’d lean towards dressing trendy but don’t try so hard.

be prepared to answer questions about your style, which celebrity trends you follow, etc. they really asked me nothing work related and the manager proceeded to tell me how she wasn’t sure her boyfriend was gonna propose to her at yankee stadium like she wanted. hahahaha. go in there with the mindset you already have it.. you will have no problems :)

appleblossom501
Style_council
appleblossom501

Thanks guys, that’s really helpful!
It’s for their first store in Ireland so I feel like I already have a little bit of an advantage seeing as I know the store really well from spending so much time (and money!) shopping there at home in the States! I’m really curious to see if there is much of a difference between the clothes they sell here versus the USA stores.
Thanks again!

woocie
Style_council
woocie

i agree with the others. you want to wear their clothes, make sure you look stylish, but still remain classy so it looks like you are wearing something along the lines of an interview attire.

good luck! i hope you get the job :) that job must be hectic with all the people and all the new clothes!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION