Since you said its more yellow, maybe something like this would look good:
Or to add some edge you could do something like this:
Or for something more simple, add a navy or purple cropped cardigan?
Hope I helped :)
Ah yeah, I have a black motorcycle/leather jacket that would go really well with it I think. The only problem is the brown heel boots + black jacket = not good? I’ve never had much against brown and black together, but I know lots of people do, so I’m still kind of cautious about it haha :)
BTW, this is the original poster on new account (slight glitch on old one).
and thanks! It was expensive for my taste (at least for this kind of dress) but I thought it was pretty decent and cute too :)posted almost 4 years ago
Well if you have black flats or any simple black shoe it would probably look better, but as long as the boots aren’t too bulky i think it would look fine :)
Also, since the dress is sort of ivory, a brown cardigan/sweater would look great too. Then you wouldn’t have a problem matching.. (:posted almost 4 years ago
Lovely dress! To make it wearable for school, why not wear a tshirt underneath it? it will make it more casual :) Here’s an example where I wore a tshirt underneath my dress which is a similar shape
Or you could toughen it up by wearing it with a black blazer or motorcycle jacket, with lace up/biker boots.
Or pair it with a cute cardigan and some coloured tights and simple flats. I think purple, yellow or pink would look nice for either cardi or tights.
idk i would just get a cute jeans vest and put over the dress
SOME THING LIKE THIS: http://www.refashion.com.au/images/jeansvest.jpgposted almost 4 years ago
Love the dress. And i think you can do a ton of things with it. Heres a few tips.
- Brown boots or any type of boots would look great.
- If you are thinking cardigan, try putting the cardigan underneath the dress, i did that, if you take a look at my blog. I’m wearing a greyish tube top and put a red cardigan underneath it. Depends on what colors you have in cardigans. If your shoes are brown, maybe you have a brown cardigan to tie in the brown.
- try a tshirt, ive seen many magazines and I’ve done it a couple of times where you wear a plain tshirt underneath a tube top. One that is cut a bit higher, not a V cut or low cut shirt a mid chest one. Depends on the shirt though.
- play around with things, grab some shirt from your closet and put it on and then put the dress over it.
- Jackets would look very cute. I say jean jacket or jean vest? if you have any. Also a leather jacket would look great with some leggwarmers and boots.
Hope this helps!posted almost 4 years ago
I loveeee the dress, it’s adorable. I think almost any jacket would look awesome with it, maybe a jean or even brown leather? Even a really cute colored cardigan would work well.
Pair it with tights or leggings, or if it’s warmer, just some cute high socks, and you’ll be good to go.
Wow, thank you everyone! I love all of these ideas, I wouldn’t have ever thought of some of them myself. I’ll definitely be on the lookout for cute T’s, denim vests, and cardigans. I’ll try it with my motorcycle jacket too.
When I get this outfit together, maybe I’ll take a picture of it and post it up so people can see what I ended up doing with it and stuff—do you guys think I should?
Anyways, thanks so much for all the responses! Love you guys <3posted almost 4 years ago
You could definitely wear a shirt of any kind underneath to play with the tone of the outfit… either in a similar color or a black/brown or a bold contrasting color. I also like the idea of a jean jacket; I’ve seen a number of people do that in a very cute way.
Hmm, I realize I’ve done the layering-a-shirt-under-a-dress- thing myself a few times recently, though more for the sake of wearing shortsleeve/sleeveless things in winter! Another example. And anotherposted almost 4 years ago