Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
oohmarywho
Style_council
oohmarywho

Dress:
http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3892853

I bought this dress today and plan to wear it with a pair of brown heel boots. Unfortunately, I can’t wear the outfit to school because there are no straps on the dress. I was thinking about adding a cardigan, but since the dress itself is more yellowish/ivory than white, I couldn’t find any matching cardigans (whites and grays look terrible) anywhere. I seem to remember seeing an outfit once in a magazine that involved a similar dress/boot pairing with a strong, fitted jacket (motorcycle or blazer, maybe?), but I don’t really remember. I guess at this point, I’m open to all suggestions on how you would pair this dress with a top/sweater. Please jump in with your opinion! I would super duper appreciate it. :)

posted over 4 years ago
xolindsey
Style_council
xolindsey

Since you said its more yellow, maybe something like this would look good:

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=outwr&product%5Fid=2071878165&Page=1

Or to add some edge you could do something like this:

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=outwr&product%5Fid=2071743102&Page=1

Or for something more simple, add a navy or purple cropped cardigan?
Hope I helped :)

posted over 4 years ago

xolindsey
Style_council
xolindsey

btw, really cute dress (:

posted over 4 years ago

forgottenfairytale
Style_council
forgottenfai...

Ah yeah, I have a black motorcycle/leather jacket that would go really well with it I think. The only problem is the brown heel boots + black jacket = not good? I’ve never had much against brown and black together, but I know lots of people do, so I’m still kind of cautious about it haha :)

BTW, this is the original poster on new account (slight glitch on old one).

and thanks! It was expensive for my taste (at least for this kind of dress) but I thought it was pretty decent and cute too :)

posted over 4 years ago

xolindsey
Style_council
xolindsey

Well if you have black flats or any simple black shoe it would probably look better, but as long as the boots aren’t too bulky i think it would look fine :)

Also, since the dress is sort of ivory, a brown cardigan/sweater would look great too. Then you wouldn’t have a problem matching.. (:

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Lovely dress! To make it wearable for school, why not wear a tshirt underneath it? it will make it more casual :) Here’s an example where I wore a tshirt underneath my dress which is a similar shape
Or you could toughen it up by wearing it with a black blazer or motorcycle jacket, with lace up/biker boots.
Or pair it with a cute cardigan and some coloured tights and simple flats. I think purple, yellow or pink would look nice for either cardi or tights.

posted over 4 years ago

invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

I vote for a cropped leather jacket! Add a bit of edge to it :)

posted over 4 years ago

JalisaRiley
Style_council
JalisaRiley

idk i would just get a cute jeans vest and put over the dress

SOME THING LIKE THIS: http://www.refashion.com.au/images/jeansvest.jpg

posted over 4 years ago

Kristen_Bee
Style_council
Kristen_Bee

Love the dress. And i think you can do a ton of things with it. Heres a few tips.

1. Brown boots or any type of boots would look great.
  2. If you are thinking cardigan, try putting the cardigan underneath the dress, i did that, if you take a look at my blog. I’m wearing a greyish tube top and put a red cardigan underneath it. Depends on what colors you have in cardigans. If your shoes are brown, maybe you have a brown cardigan to tie in the brown.
  3. try a tshirt, ive seen many magazines and I’ve done it a couple of times where you wear a plain tshirt underneath a tube top. One that is cut a bit higher, not a V cut or low cut shirt a mid chest one. Depends on the shirt though.
  4. play around with things, grab some shirt from your closet and put it on and then put the dress over it.
  5. Jackets would look very cute. I say jean jacket or jean vest? if you have any. Also a leather jacket would look great with some leggwarmers and boots.

Hope this helps!

posted over 4 years ago

mrsderekjeter4ev
Style_council
mrsderekjete...

I loveeee the dress, it’s adorable. I think almost any jacket would look awesome with it, maybe a jean or even brown leather? Even a really cute colored cardigan would work well.
Pair it with tights or leggings, or if it’s warmer, just some cute high socks, and you’ll be good to go.

posted over 4 years ago

forgottenfairytale
Style_council
forgottenfai...

Wow, thank you everyone! I love all of these ideas, I wouldn’t have ever thought of some of them myself. I’ll definitely be on the lookout for cute T’s, denim vests, and cardigans. I’ll try it with my motorcycle jacket too.
When I get this outfit together, maybe I’ll take a picture of it and post it up so people can see what I ended up doing with it and stuff—do you guys think I should?

Anyways, thanks so much for all the responses! Love you guys <3

posted over 4 years ago

jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

I would wear it with a cute jean jacket

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION