Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
katharles
Style_council
katharles

I met this extremely attractive guy the other day when I was heading home from downtown Toronto (think younger Cam Gigandet!) We exchanged numbers, and the other day he called me to ask if I’d like to be his guest at this party he’s hosting. I was delighted, but then soon realized that I’ve never been on a first date with a guy under these circumstances… as his guest to a club! I had been in a long term relationship for 6 years, so I’m practically new to the dating scene. I need help from my fellow Chictopians!

This club that he’s hosting at caters to the “older” crowd, like 23-25+. I will definitely be the youngest one there, literally, since the club is 21+ and I’m 20. The only reason I’m getting in is because my date works there! The club is called This is London, for all you Torontonians. Here is the website with their gallery: http://www.thisislondonclub.com/

Should I play it safe with an LBD, or a statement dress?
The LBD I had in mind was a one shouldered body con. The sleeve with the shoulder is a drapey bat-wing. I would wear it with nude pumps, hair up with large earrings, and a black clasp clutch.
The statement dress I had in mind is a bright red, tank-style body con. From H&M if anyone’s seen it? Black sky-high heels, and still screwed for the clutch situation. Hah!
OR should I use this opportunity to ditch my closet and invest in another dress? Any suggestions for this occasion would be great… I am forever in your debt!

posted about 4 years ago
woocie
Style_council
woocie

i like the lbd! would the piece look good either with a waist belt too? that would be nice.

on forever 21, they have a whole selection of dresses dedicated to club wear if you want to check it out :) and it’s also affordable for you debt situation, hehe :D

http://www.forever21.com/category.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=dress_club&Page=1

posted about 4 years ago

EmployedPanache
Style_council
EmployedPanache

Why don’t you take the LBD and red dress out shopping… when you find another dress to possible buy, try all of them on (LBD and red included). Then decide which one you feel best in. If you feel good, then you’ll enjoy yourself vs. being distracted that night. Good luck and have fun! :)

posted about 4 years ago

sincerelyAri
Style_council
sincerelyAri

exactly what employedpanache said :]

posted about 4 years ago

artyaffair
Style_council
artyaffair

if i were you i’d go for the LBD! instead of large earrings i’d go for a choker. and a nude belt to match the pumps and be sure that it’s not uncomfortable so you wont spend the date worrying if you look weird or anything like that. confidence’s gotta go along with whatever you wear so you can pull it off effortlessly without looking like you spent 10 hours wondering what to wear: AKA nerves spoiling the date. hope you’ll enjoy the date! ;)

posted about 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

From what you describe, I think either the LBD or the red dress could work great. The black is classic and classy, and red is always sexy. While you think the red is more of a statement, they both still sound like they are “guy hot,” which is good since for dates you don’t want to be too experimental since guys tend to like looks which are classically pretty or sexy.

EmployedPanache’s advice is really good. Give yourself options because you want to be sure you feel totally comfortable in what you’re wearing. There’s so many things to be nervous about on the first date; make sure your outfit isn’t one of them!

Best of luck on your date!

posted about 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

well you can never go wrong with an lbd but a red dress might leave a better lasting impression on him.

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION