SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ChristinaGrace29
Style_council
ChristinaGra...

Hey everyone,
I recently had foot surgery for an injury that I have had since June of 2006. Basically, (extremely long story short) I broke the ball of my foot, which cut off blood supply to another bone in the ball of my foot which made the bone marrow die inside.
This has meant no heels. Even some flats are uncomfortable. The shoe has to be padded to the max. I have two pair of Aerosoles, a pair of brown mary jane inspired shoes specifically from the foot doctor, two pairs of flat boots with extra Peds (padding) in them.
Can anyone recommend some shoes. They are the bane of my existence. I hate having this foot problem, because before this I would wear heels everyday all day.
THANKS!
-Christina Grace

posted almost 6 years ago
elzabth
Style_council
elzabth

aww I know how you feel :( i injured my spine which affects my left leg and heels killl so I’ve been stuck with flat shoes too.
I don’t know what kind of weather you’re dealing with but I’m in the cold, so I’ve been mainly wearing really comfortable boots- they’re knee high & leather so they’re worn in and soft, and ‘m sure you can add some padding.
But…I mean, I know they’re not cute, and I honestly only wear sneakers when I’m working out, but they do feel pretty darn comfortable when I am working out. So maybe if you can find some cute sneakers, that’d be the safest choice for your health for now?

foxhuntvintage
Style_council
foxhuntvintage

what about some flat lace up oxfords or ankle boots? they can look pretty sleek. i also love those t-strap flats that have been in lately, i think opening ceremony had a really sweet pair that were flat (or maybe very slight incline).
All in all, take care of yourself first!

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

My mother had to have an operation on her foot due to a joint problem, and it meant her giving up her hundreds of pairs of heels for a good few months. Thankfully she’s been able to wear some more of them lately.

How about biker boots, or Doc Martens? They can look very cool in a grunge kind of way. Lace-up brogues might work, too – anything masculine, really. Just make sure you’re comfortable and not putting yourself at risk. (:

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION