Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sarah_is_radd
Style_council
sarah_is_radd

So I bought this tank top from Urban Outfitters, it’s a boy tank with a mint green leopard print on it. I love the design, but it’s too long to wear with my jeans, so I want to wear it tucked into a short black skirt, but it looks to dressy for school, which is where I would be wearing it. Any advice on how to dress this outfit down for school?

posted over 4 years ago
jadeyoudk
Style_council
jadeyoudk

There was this one time when my cousin was trying on some of my clothes and everytime she wear an outfit, it would look really girly on her but tomboyish on me. And then we realized it was because of the shoes we were wearing. She was wearing platform sandals while I was wearing sneakers.

So I guess you can dress it down with accessories?

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

if the top isn’t too sheer, you could go with leggings, a nice belt, and maybe keds. if you wear a skirt, top it off with flip flops or sneakers.

posted over 4 years ago

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I would belt it over skinnys or tick it into them. But really, I don’t think a skirt and tank is too dressy for school (unless it’s like, 20 degrees out and you’re trying to pull off a summery look). Hm, I would do a delicate necklace and some bangles with flats or booties. Although, maybe that’s not dressing it down. If the skirt is a tighter skirt rather than A line, maybe you could do a solid print zip up. Ashley Olsen once wore a leather shirt with a hoodie and a black tote and flats that looked cash but not TOO cash. Like she wasn’t trying too hard.

posted over 4 years ago

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

Cash = Casual. Like Cajjjj.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION