Twitter
Googleplus
trove
New_user trove is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When trove reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
trove

recently, i got to thinking : fashion FORWARD, looking FORWARD, vintage vs avant garde…and the list goes on

But does it always have to be like that? I was recently blown away by the mesh of the past and the future seen in Preen’s SS12 show. Creative directors Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi employed a 1940’s severe side parted hair and contrasted it with strong brows and cheeks. They also showed a vintage peplum detail juxtaposed against a modern geometric print..Click to see photos:http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls83vp44481qgb9tvo1_r1_400.jpg

Like Oscar de la Renta told Rachel Zoe in her eponymous show “i look to the past to look to see the future” … such a beautiful sentiment.

Should we blend past and future fashion trends together more often? How can we do it anyway? Flare leg jeans and rick owens draped top? any ideas?

posted almost 4 years ago
BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

i think we always get inspired from the past while still being innovative. designers can expand on new ideas based on the past. Also just because past clothing styles are “of the past” doesn’t mean they are dead. they are ways to incorporate old fads into a modern day look. just need to find that balance instead of looking costumey.

trove
New_user trove is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When trove reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
trove

yeah! i totally agree…i love the contrasts!

DefinitionOfBeauty
Style_council
DefinitionOf...

i agree

REPLY TO DISCUSSION