Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
iirriissssyy
Style_council
iirriissssyy

I’m a fan of flat shoes since I was 17. I hated high heeled shoes because I always end up having sore feet. The problem is I’m only 5 feet tall and I hate high heels. I felt like a midget when attending gatherings.

posted about 3 years ago
JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Personally, yes I feel more confident stomping around in ultra-loud high heel shoes. But the clic-clak of the heels also has me self-aware depending on the event. I don’t like when people ask me why I’m wearing heels- I usually do day to day- but I’m only 5’2’’ so really I don’t think my instant gain of 3’’ is hurting anyone.
You should wear what makes you happy, they’re shoes and you can take them off so if you really feel they’re not for you, it’s okay!

posted about 3 years ago

bubblegum93
Style_council
bubblegum93

i personally believe that most, not all, girls feel more confident wearing heels because they feel sexy, therefore boosting confidence. but i’m 6’1 and have naturally avoided heels, but i’m starting to really gravitate towards them now:) but if you don’t like them just rock being shorter than the average crowd. show confidence in the fact that you don’t need high heels to feel taller or sexy!

posted about 3 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

I am only 5’1 and I like flats too, I love wearing high heels but I have very muscular and athletic legs, when I have heels on, the muscles appear and its weird, lol.

posted about 3 years ago

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I just wear the heels for formal and wear wedges or flats for casual. try the wedges!

posted about 3 years ago

iirriissssyy
Style_council
iirriissssyy

Thank you everyone for helping me out! Your thoughts counts!

posted about 3 years ago

NewYorkILoveYou
Style_council
NewYorkILoveYou

Definitely for me! Love heels!

posted about 3 years ago

saramcclay
Style_council
saramcclay

i know heels always make me feel much more confident. i have a bad habit of slouching and heels instantly make my posture straighten right up. i’m 5’’6 and i always wear heels when going out at night, and during the day i usually wear flats or boots.

for comfort, i would recommend lower heeled pumps (like 1-3 inches). if you get them half a size too big you can wear them with socks and slide in some arch support inserts and that will make them much, much more comfortable.

posted about 3 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

The reason heels make people feel more confident is because they think they look better in them. Especially for girls who think they are too short, the added height makes them feel more confident. However, if you don’t like heels and they make your feet hurt, dont’ wear them. I personally don’t wear heels much since they hurt my feet if i walk around in them for more than 20 mins at a time

posted about 3 years ago

staystitching
Style_council
staystitching

i just think heels look better with my clothes. I dont own any flats. theyre very unflattering on me.

posted about 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Heels have never made me feel confident…i’m always afraid i’ll fall on my face on high heels.
And I would like to point out it’s not only the height they give, heels give a nice posture and a nice strut when your walking down the street:)

posted about 3 years ago

StyleDelights
Style_council
StyleDelights

I think, if you want to look taller, heel always helps! I mean, for comfort flats are great, but now and then, you want to wear heels..Good thing is platforms/wedges and platform heels are much more comfortable than stilettos and you can look taller without killing your feet!
StyleDelights

posted about 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

For me, heels do make me feel more confident, but only to some extent. I personally wouldn’t wear heels during the day (not my style) and if I wore heels that were really high and uncomfortable, I wouldn’t feel confident if I thought I was going to trip over at any second! :P
I’m not that great with wearing high heels for a long period of time but i’m slowly getting better at it! I agree that you can try low wedges or heels with a platform, which are more comfortable, you can even find chic heels which are only 1-2 inches high. But you should wear what is comfortable for you, don’t worry if heels aren’t your thing!

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION