Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
BlaqkTongue
Style_council
BlaqkTongue

I’m currently saving up for a pair and planning on getting the original 8 eyelet ones. I’m not sure whether to get them in regular matte leather or the patent leather ones. Does one last longer than the other? Thanks!

posted over 4 years ago
SageAguirre
Style_council
SageAguirre

can’t guarantee which one will last longer..
depends how often you use them actually..

patent leather looks better though.
I suggest investing on the bright pink(or any other bright color) 8-eyelet classic.
then tone a look down by wearing neutral colors..
like this look:

http://www.polyvore.com/why_love_dr_martens_shoess/set?id=14489696

:)
Doc Martens are awesome!!

posted over 4 years ago

ladystardustxx
Style_council
ladystardustxx

Doc Martens are my absolute favorite. I’d definitely go for the patent leather ones. Those are more weather-proof, PLUS they look fantastic with virtually anything.
If you’re looking for a cheap alternative check out your local H&M and FAST! I picked up a pair of Doc Marten look-a-likes in patent white. Of course, the quality is probably lacking buuut they were only $10. I got the last pair, so get on that and get on it quick!

posted over 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I like the matte ones better. I couldn’t tell you which lasts longer, but I think the patent ones look kinda cheap.

posted over 4 years ago

Joyfull
Style_council
Joyfull

im pretty sure the patent ones would last longer but i’d go with the matte because trust me docs will last you a lifetime! no matter what kind of leather they’r made of!!!!! and matte ones are hotter! thy’re like the studious shoes on the planet

posted over 4 years ago

ankle_sox
Style_council
ankle_sox

I got these, while they look great they squeek when you walk!

http://www.dmusastore.com/p-2822-darcie.aspx

And they are very thin and not leather i dont think. Might pay to try them first and not buy online.

posted over 4 years ago

IntrinsicallyFlorrie
Style_council
Intrinsicall...

Don’t know about Doc Martens in particular but in general patent tends to scuff more but if you don’t mind go for whichever appeals more. :) x

posted over 4 years ago

BlaqkTongue
Style_council
BlaqkTongue

Thanks for all who have responded! I’m leaning toward the patent ones:]

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION