Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ohgemma
Style_council
ohgemma

I love band tees, but I have so many and I don’t really want to do the casual jeans-and-tee look every day. Since I don’t really know how to style them they rarely get worn, so I’m looking for some new ways to wear t-shirts. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I have a really long body and t-shirts are often too short for me – if you have any ideas for solving that problem too that would be great!

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I also have a long torso and fitted tshirts often don’t reach the tops of my jeans, either— and I hate baring my midriff. Sometimes I wear a layer under the t-shirt, like a long camisole or a long-sleeved shirt that comes to a comfortable length on my torso. Another (rather trendy at the moment!) option is to cut the collar of the tshirt so that it can be worn off the shoulder. For the best results, you could cut it so it falls off both shoulders, and add your own straps (just simple ribbon is fine— and you can have fun with colors/thickness/pattern) to keep it from falling too far down. Pushing the shirt down off your shoulders gives you some extra length at the bottom. (This works best if the tshirt is slightly baggy on you to begin with, though).

And to solve both of your dilemmas— how about high-waisted skirts? It depends a bit on the design and cut of the shirt, but I’ve seen this look pulled off quite well, especially if you belt it (since tshirts can be a bit baggy). You could go the expected punk look with a plaid skirt, or play with contrast by pairing a tshirt with something ruffly and floral. Whatever suits your style!

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I have heaps of tshirts/band tees. :) I think they look great tucked into high waisted shorts and skirts. High waisted stuff is flattering and I think it would work even if your tshirts are a bit short.
Also try wearing tshirts underneath dresses that have thin or no straps, it makes your outfit a bit more casual, or try wearing a vest over your tshirt. If your tshirt is really short you could even cut it shorter to turn it into a crop top, and wear it with something high waisted, or layer it over a singlet or another tee.
hope that helped a bit :)

posted over 4 years ago

Lindseytweeters
Style_council
Lindseytweeters

you could also try wearing different length blazers.

posted over 4 years ago

invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

A tip for the length – a lot of stores are offering tanks that are solely lace, that are meant for layering especially since crop tops are in and not too many people are keen on showing their bare belly, so you can try that!
The link to one I have, its great – http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&navAction=jump&id=17452582&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS&color=001

A tip for styling – rock tees look really awesome with colored blazers. They also look good with high-waisted trousers. Throw a bit of elegance in there ;)

posted over 4 years ago

Sashi
Style_council
Sashi

u can wear it with tights and leggings and skirts and blazers

posted over 4 years ago

BlaqkTongue
Style_council
BlaqkTongue

Wear a blazer over them or a leather jacket. You can crop them or even tuck them under shorts/jeans/skirts. If you do tuck them under jeans/shorts, you can even try adding a belt. Hope this helps:]

posted over 4 years ago

ohgemma
Style_council
ohgemma

Thanks everyone!
Will definitely try out some of these ideas.

posted over 4 years ago

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

reconstruct them.
a good book that has some good recon idea is t generation. i think that’s what it’s called. but i have the second one and i’ve made so many diff stuff already its a lot of fun :D

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION