Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
brenda_3687
Style_council
brenda_3687

Sooo i just got a denim shirt from H&M and i love it. It has awesome puffy sleeves, snap buttons, fitted… its adorable. The thing is i’m not sure what to wear it with. I was thinking about a super high waisted bottom, maybe? skirt? maybe tied up front?? Maybe something with a floral pattern? See my issue???? Anyway, it would be awesome if you guys could help me with this one

posted over 4 years ago
invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

I second the legging thing, especially liquid leggings. How about some shorts that aren’t denim?

posted over 4 years ago

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

i agree with both murphyiskate and invigorate. I recently wore a denim shirt with black leather shorts that were high waisted. I would even try the denim on denim trend and incorporate a different wash in the denim leggings. That’s my next ensemble :) Denim shirts are considered a neutral so you could do a high waisted floral skirt as well. It’s such a versatile option but it looks best with leggings.

posted over 4 years ago

prefecta
Style_council
prefecta

Denim with denim is really hip now, so you can go with that. I’d wear it with bold pattern and bright colour skirt or some ethnic pattern, beige/lilac/yellow/black/turqoise etc.

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

i think it would look great with high waisted shorts or skirt. i’d wear it with a floral or patterned skirt. :) i think it would look better with a floaty or full skirt rather than a tight one.

posted over 4 years ago

brenda_3687
Style_council
brenda_3687

Thanks ladies!!!!!

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

If it’s long enough, you could wear it over a tank or mini dress, leave it undone at the top and belt it at the hips. Or you could tie it up and wear it with some girly shorts, or a tulle or bodycon skirt. Another option is that you could wear it loose over a dress or outfit and use it like a denim jacket.

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

wear it with a floral hi-waist skirt! That would be cute :)

posted over 4 years ago

katieandthewarriors
Style_council
katieandthew...

denim shirts suprisingly look good with jeans (different color, maybe darker) and a statement belt.

posted over 4 years ago

AllyCat
Style_council
AllyCat

I’d say they look awesome with leggings, I love mine tucked into a floral skirt with black or gray booties, black shorts or jeans in a darker wash then the shirt with a tan belt to break it up

posted over 4 years ago

hinp
Style_council
hinp

I have a post about this topic, check it out – Seven different ways to wear a denim shirt: http://www.lenapenteado.com/2012/12/qa-how-to-wear-a-denim-shirt-7-different-ways/

posted over 1 year ago

theiconiccat
Style_council
theiconiccat

with leggings or with a high waisted skirt!

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION