Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
myelzi
Style_council
myelzi

Confession: I own a denim jacket (one of the things I hate most in fashion)
Problem: It’s Elie Tahari and it is beautiful

I’ve had it for years and haven’t had the guts to get rid of it because it’s so beautiful. How can I incorporate it into my wardrobe? Any ideas?

posted about 4 years ago
teenageloveaffair
Style_council
teenagelovea...

pair it with a short floral dress and espadrilles for a summery look. :)

posted about 4 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

hm over floral prints, with a white tee shirt,a nd navy shorts.

posted about 4 years ago

fille
Style_council
fille

In addition to what’s already mentioned, I would suggest pants/chinos that are rolled up with a simple shirt under neath and sandals if you’re not feeling like wearing a dress with it.

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

yes, definitely wear with floral dresses. you can decorate it with studs or something or rock out the bottom half with leather leggings? something BOLD

posted about 4 years ago

stylison
Style_council
stylison

where it with a tank top and denim shorts.
denim are hot again this season so its great to take it off and wear it!

posted about 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

keep it kinda country, cowgirl style stuff or just sweet lace stuff. or you could punk it up with patches or safety pins?

posted about 4 years ago

lovealicee
Style_council
lovealicee

I agree with the floral prints, the denim jacket can add a nice little edge to a feminine dress. Wear it with a cute pastel tank top and a pair of nude pants? It also depends on the wash of your jacket. A denim jacket can actually be thrown over a lot of things, as long as you give it a chance. :)

posted about 4 years ago

sophi
Style_council
sophi

For denim jackets, look to the 70s for inspiration. 80s and 90s denim jacket is all bad. 00s denim jacket tends to be disgusting crosshatch stuff, so avoid that, too.

Like everyone’s said, denim jackets look amazing over floral dresses. I’ll add to that that a very light or very dark denim jacket looks very edgy and cool with the opposite persuasion of skinny jeans and a tee.

posted about 4 years ago

AMiBLy
Style_council
AMiBLy

I had this same exact problem. Then, one day I needed a jacket for this one dress and I decided to try it on. It was a light blue polkadot dress with ruffles on it from H&M. My suggestion, is to pair it with a patterned top/dress/skirt. A jean jacket is good to use if you want to dress down a girly outfit. also if you want o wear with pants, try black skinny jeans.

posted about 4 years ago

WildCatt
Style_council
WildCatt

give it studs or glitter, diy the shit outta it :)

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION