Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
cocomonkey
Style_council
cocomonkey

My prom dress has a low back and criss-crossing pattern on the back so you would see the bra. I was just wondering if there was any kind of bra that could be worn for support or anything like that. Would there be enough support without one?

posted over 2 years ago
lkb
Style_council
lkb

There’s a such thing as a backless bra. It’s really strange and I don’t understand completely how it works as I’ve never worn one myself, but at a job I had, we had to work with a model and she wore one and it seemed to get the job done. Basically you stick it to yourself. Here’s a link to one at Gap: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=308848002&tid=gofr1r

As far as there being enough support without one that depends on your… size. haha and also the dress. For me some dresses are tight enough up top that I don’t need a bra.

http://www.the-launderette.com

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I actually did a tutorial for a super easy/fast DIY low-back bra a few days ago :). depends on how low the back of your dress is, but my shirt’s pretty low-cut and it worked fine.

I’ve never tried a true backless bra, but they’re usually just cups with an adhesive. maidenform used to have a bra that only had straps (here) but I can’t find it anymore. any bra is better than no bra, but I can’t guarantee they’ll provide much support. if the bust on your dress is structured and fitted you should be fine, but if it’s loose and flowy you might have some bra issues.

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I agree with the other ladies. If the top part of the dress is supportive enough you could be find w/out a bra but if it isn’t you will want to wear one. Unfortunately there is not a whole lot out there…I do know there are the adhesive pads and then the new backless bras but not sure how those really are.

posted over 2 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

i agree with everyone too! Either a really low~back bra or backless (adhesive) bra would work! If your dress has pads and enough support, you won’t need a bra.

posted over 2 years ago

beeanca
Style_council
beeanca

I swear by the adhesive bras… If you’re on a budget I know they sell cheap ones on Amazon. I got mine from Target for about $24 and it’s lasted me a long time. I suggest the silicone ones!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION