Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
New_user 23272 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 23272 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I’ve got this really simple little black shift dress – slight scoop collar, well-fitting, hits at the knee. It’s so plain, and I really want to do something to it to make it more than JUST a LBD.

Any ideas?

posted about 5 years ago
legitstyle
Style_council
legitstyle

hem it! and you can do stuff around the neckline too, get some big studs or rhinestones and sew them around the neckline. if you’re an edgier type then you can sew some fringe around it too, to look sort of like this
http://www.americanapparel.com/rsa2330.html

posted almost 5 years ago

lovesbexs
Style_council
lovesbexs

i like legitstyle’s idea about adding embellishments to the neckline :]
you could hem it and then attach a different type of fabric to the bottom, like lace or something.. or you could get one of the pretty slips from your slip is showing! they’re these lovely slips that are meant to hang out below your dresses so the dress looks more unique.. they’re a bit expensive (around $150 to $250) but they’re definitely worth it :]

eudaemonic
Style_council
eudaemonic

It you’re feeling super crafty, you could stitch on it. Maybe a tree. a flower. a bird… Or embroider something on with some cute contrasting fabric.

FabulaDico
Style_council
FabulaDico

this is pretty simple, but for casual wear, a brightly colored t-shirt and/or tights under it add pop to any outfit

posted over 4 years ago

NiceandPretty
Style_council
NiceandPretty

I would suggest you to accessorize it in many different possible ways. try tee under, brooches, scarfs, belts and tights. Be careful with alterations cause someday you might need it as for what it is a simple little, black dress.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION