Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
thatgreengentleman
Style_council
thatgreengen...

I’ve always liked the look, and I have some old tees laying around so I’d rather cut them up than go out and buy. If you guys don’t know what I’m talking about, it looks like this
http://assets0.chictopia.com/photos/jaquelin/7156612297/7156612297_400.jpg

So I’ve tried cutting a regular t-shirt into the ‘shape’ but it didn’t come out how I wanted it at all. Any tips or suggestions?

posted about 5 years ago
JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I have a feeling that the problem is that when you cut off all the fabric, the shirt gets all flimsy. You might want to rolling the edges and sewing on top of that to give a finished edge like on regular shirts. Gosh that sounds confusing.
Or you can try buying ‘bias tape’ at a fabric shop and sew that to the inside of the cut edges.
I really hope this was coherent and helps.

posted about 5 years ago

nobutterfly
Shop_seller_2 nobutterfly is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
nobutterfly

Yes, juklilove. that is coherent =) and I agree! The tape should be thin and narrow enough though because thick tape will make it kind of stiff.

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION