Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
HeadFirst
Style_council
HeadFirst

Maybe it’s just me, but I always find it hard to still dress nicely and show off my style during the winter! It’s only fall, but it’s already freezing cold, and I’m always just wearing jeans and jackets. I’d rather wear skirts/shorts with tights, but sometimes its too cold for that too! Other than scarves, what are some tricks to still being able to show off your fashionable side during the colder months? Thanks!

posted almost 3 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

If it’s too cold for one pair of tights, try layering them! Also, look for thicker sweater tights rather than just the usual opaque tights. A couple pairs of thick tights can be just as warm (or warmer!) than jeans. I’ve even gone so far as to wear tights over a pair of leggings; when worn with boots, you can’t see where the leggings end so it doesn’t look weird or anything, and it’s very warm.

They also sell plush-lined tights that are supposed to be super warm. I’ve never tried them but I’ve heard others rave about them! At any rate, you shouldn’t have to sacrifice your skirts in winter just because of cold weather.

Personally I think winter can be a very fun time for fashion, because you can be so creative with layers. Layer a cardigan with a jacket instead of choosing one or the other. Wear belts with sweaters or cardigans. Trying layering tights with different lengths of socks and different heights of boots. (Long wooly socks + tall boots = extra warm!). Good luck!

carlyjean
Style_council
carlyjean

I notice that too. I get cold easily so I’m a little worried about this winter.
I plan on layering the crap out of everything! I’ll have to wear blouses and skirts to work, both of which aren’t warm at all really. Definitely lots of cardigans, and sweaters over top of blouses. The layering of tights is something I do under jeans or any pants sometimes in the winter too.
Pack on the tights and sweaters and boots and I think you’ll be warm.
:)

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

There are certain tights that have a higher den number and those are thicker. I believe H&M sells some. Then put on some cute, thick, thigh high socks over them and some boots. For up top, you can layer a close fitting long sleeved top under a chunky knit sweater for warmth and then put a cute scarf on over that. Also look into arm warmers and cute crocheted head warmers. The little accessories can always jazz up an outfit. :)

ettikajewelry
Style_council
ettikajewelry

In my view jeans and jackets are the best style to look cool in winters.

kindredsole
Style_council
kindredsole

Winter is the perfect season to express your individuality whilst keeping warm and uber chic! KindredSole.com recommends layers, layers and more layers! Thick chunky knit tights paired with cute knee high socks for added warmth. This winter season we can’t get enough of sheepskin boots and snow boots – perfect for keeping you warm and stylish this season! We also recommend floppy hats, faux fur coats and long leather gloves! Hope you stay warm and stylish this season!

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

i usually never wear skirt/dresses instead witV my ripped jeans i wear printed tights underneath to keep warm and shake up my style

frictioninyourjeans
Style_council
frictioninyo...

I find that I dress better when I can layer. I’m always lost during the warmer months.

You should find a few cute jackets that are in colors that will go with a range of things. Then you’ll need some hats, I usually prefer knit hats. Gloves are always a must and you can usually get them cheap most places, so you can get several styles and colors. Another thing would be boots that go up pretty high on the leg, which keeps the feet nice and toasty. I’m actually a huge fan of leggings and tights during fall/winter. I’ve never worn more than one pair at once though.

I think it all comes down to layering.

HowDoYouWearIt
Style_council
HowDoYouWearIt

A nice style is a nice pair of warm jeans withlong stylsh boots. add a sweater and if you want a thick furry brown jacket. if you want, add a scarf as a nice accesory. I modelled an outfit like this at a photoshoot and the pictures looked awesome, hope this helped (: xo

abigailcrowden
Style_council
abigailcrowden

Cosy knit wear skiinny jeans and some cute boots :)

starspointtokaylala
New_user starspointtokaylala is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When starspointtokaylala reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
starspointto...

booots, scarfs, and berets! all little things to show off your style during winter : )

starspointtokaylala
New_user starspointtokaylala is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When starspointtokaylala reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
starspointto...

booots, scarfs, and berets! all little things to show off your style during winter : )

Mishelle
Style_council
Mishelle

i find i have the same problem! —> resorting to jeans and sweaters in the winter…

REPLY TO DISCUSSION