SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Shloobi
Style_council
Shloobi

Hey everyone!
So I’ve got an Iron Maiden tee that my friend bought me from their tour, it’s a regular black tee with a print on the front and back. It’s a guys tee but fits quite well in an oversized kind of way.
But because it’s for a guy and has no real ‘shape’, I’ve just been wearing it for lazy daywear.
I want to make it more interesting so that I could maybe team it with a high waisted skirt or some skinnies, so I wanted people’s opinions on how I should do this
Lowering the neckline was my first thought, and maybe shortening or totally losing the sleeves – I’d love some advice on this.
Also if there’s any techniques or tips I could use so that it looks intentional and not just like a chopped-up tee, that would be great
Thanks for looking
Shloobi
x

posted over 5 years ago
MiniMuffin
Style_council
MiniMuffin

I think a lower neckline would be cute. I’m not so crazy about losing the sleeves, but if they’re super huge you could just take them off, sew up the arm hole to a better size, sew the sleeves to fit, and reattach.

Depending how good you are at sewing, you could get some contrasting knit fabric, and cut a bias strip out (goes diagonal to the grain so it lays nicely in the end, but you could probably get away with just cutting it so that the fabric stretches the long way).

Cut the tee’s neckline how you want, then make sure your strip is a few inches shorter. With a sewing machine set on zigzag, attach the strip to the neckline, stretching only the strip (not the shirt!) as you sew, so that in the end it goes around the whole neck. You can either sew the strip together first, before attach to the shirt, or after incase you stretch it a bit too much and have extra left over.
posted over 5 years ago

Shloobi
Style_council
Shloobi

That sounds like really great advice MiniMuffin =3
I’m ok at sewing but my Mother is great at it so I’ll have to be extra nice to her for this
Thanks!

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION