Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Redchyna
Style_council
Redchyna

I’m a really curvy girl (hips, butt, thighs), and I would like to try and incorporate a few menswear pieces into my wardrobe. Do you all have any tips and suggestions on how to do this? (a few Chictopian examples would be great)

posted over 6 years ago
Spruilldl
Style_council
Spruilldl

I’m a curvy girl too, and I love wearing menswear pieces! I think boyfriend blazers look great. Especially if they’re a bit 80s inspired with bigger shoulders and ruched sleeves. The attention on your shoulders will help balance proportions. I’d just wear a form fitting top underneath with a deeper v neck/scoop neck. Also anything that rests at the waist is nice too! Such as a skirt that sits at the waist or a slightly oversized button-up cinched at the waist with a belt. A peplum top or jacket could look nice.

posted over 6 years ago

EllaNista
Style_council
EllaNista

A few accessories to try for that menswear vibe; a big watch (I’d recommend getting mens), and shoes that are guyish like oxfords. As for the clothing should be loose fitting, the blazer should have wide lapels (Stella McCartney has some great ones), also earth tone colors would work best to achieve look.
~Ellanista

posted over 6 years ago

Redchyna
Style_council
Redchyna

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. I will definitely try some of these ideas.

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION