SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
railophone
Style_council
railophone

Okay, okay.
So I own a pair of imitation uggs. And a pair of imitation crochet uggs. I’m not going to dish out 200USD for real ones. :| I actually think the crochet uggs are sort of cute (don’t start bashing yet). And they keep me super warm, warmer than the normal uggs, even.

Sadly, I’ve read enough blog posts to make me feel horrible for even liking them.
Tell me, why so much hating on these crochet uggs?
And are they really a fashion no-no? Because I know a few people who CAN pull them off very nicely.

Click on these to view the crochet uggs.
Crochet Uggs

Alright, alright. If you want to start bashing now, go ahead.

posted over 4 years ago
fierce_glamour
Style_council
fierce_glamour

I haven’t bought any but they do look cute. if you like them, keep wearing them. its your style not anyone elses

posted over 4 years ago

themayflower
Style_council
themayflower

I don’t like how they look, but that’s just my personal opinion. I don’t necessarily hate them, but I don’t understand why people make .such a big deal bout them. They aren’t that great looking, but every “popular” kid or wanna be popular kid in my high school wears them. And it’s not even like they wear it correctly or they pair it well. They were it with skirts in the WINTER and with shorts in the summer. They’re like a walking paradox! It makes no sense! But then again, none of those kids make any sense…

posted over 4 years ago

KarenKay
New_user KarenKay is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KarenKay reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KarenKay

it’s true that most people can’t pull off the ugg look – it’s because they’re god awful. wearing them is like the equivalent of wearing shoes made to look like marshmallows. why pay for them when you can get an aesthetically-pleasing or a more functional pair of boots for the same price?

that being said, i also actually agree the crochet boots are fairly cute, especially at the ankle length. it’s just the classic uggs that make me feel revolted.

posted over 4 years ago

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

I will admit i owned a pair of fake uggs when I went through my “preppy trendy girl” phase, but after I looked back at pictures, they had to go. They just make your feet look like you have abominable snowman feet. I just personally think they are ugly. I have friends who wear them, and since it’s their style, it works for them, and some people can make them acceptable, but personally for me, I don’t like them. My friend has a pair of crochet ones in brown and they look okay. But the ones in the photo here are just really really atrocious. So if you do get the crochet ones, they look better in black or brown

posted over 4 years ago

railophone
Style_council
railophone

I have them in gray.
So far, I’ve only worn them at home, hahah.

I don’t like them brown.

posted over 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

The crochet/sweater-y Uggs are more acceptable in my mind, but not my style. I’m just not a fan of how the soles are and whatnot… it’s big and shapeless.

The regular ones however… bleh.

posted over 4 years ago

Miss_Patrizia
Style_council
Miss_Patrizia

I was wearing uggs whilst on a fashion magazine short course at a varsity in london, and the tutor used me as an example by saying, “U see, me as a stylist would never hire an assistant who wore uggs” needless to say i only wear them as slippers at home now….. p.s (and they’re real) paid £170 for them…… ouch. x

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION