Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tictac2059
New_user tictac2059 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tictac2059 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tictac2059

I’ve made several trips to Kensington Market, here in Toronto, and I’ve been considering buying a pair of cowboy boots lately. I know the whole cowboy boots trend has sort of passed already, but I think it could still work.

But I have 2 problems:

1) I’m entering my 2nd year of university next month and I don’t want to be the weird girl wearing the cowboy boots around campus. Do you think I could still rock them? Any outfit suggestions? Personal opinion?

2) I’m fairly short (about 5ft). I have a 27 or 26 inch inseam for jeans and a larger than normal calf size. I have yet to find a pair of boots that can squeeze through my wide calves with my jeans on. From what I’ve seen, the boots look like they would fit (I think, haven’t tried them on) but I’m only afraid that they would hit me at about mid-calf or possibly a couple of inches below the knee. I don’t want my legs to look anymore short and stubby than they already are. Would cowboy boots be a worth while purchase?

I know it would be better to go and try on the boots myself in person. However, I would appreciate some advice from what you guys think. :) Leave your comments below!! Thanks ahead of time!

posted over 3 years ago
contemporarity
Style_council
contemporarity

Dude, just don’t worry about what people on campus think of your fashion. If you like cowboy boots, and you want to wear them, you just gotta go for it.

However, for the fitting issue, you REALLY have to try them. If you have wide calves you’ll probably want a taller boot; a lower calf fit isn’t very flattering in general but especially on thicker legs.

posted over 3 years ago

lisabby
Style_council
lisabby

I love cowboy boots! I wear them all the time when I wait tables because they’re flat enough to be comfortable and add a cute flare to my outfits! The ones I have are ankle height and are wide so they can fit over any kind of bottom (:

posted over 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

cowboy boots are totally fine, they’re definitely not outlandish unless you wear a red bandana and cowboy hat lol
if you have proportionally shorter/bigger legs, mid-calf isn’t the most flattering cut. it’ll just make your legs look shorter and less slim. if you can find them, I would just go for knee-length boots with a slight chunky/wedge heel. that’s MUCH more flattering, trust me!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION