Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I got into the mood for cowboy boots…but how do you wear them without looking ridiculous?

I’m thinking short floral ruffle dresses for summer. But what else? And…how would your wear them in the winter. Despite what the trends are…cowboy boots have no season.

Here’s a picture:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/H9fILalVOOs/Sn0bWpU3i6I/AAAAAAAAAF8/5apjncRBUtE/s288/IMG1762.JPG

posted almost 5 years ago
FashionLiterate
Style_council
FashionLiterate

I have a pair that I have adored for going on 5 years now…wow. anyway, in the summer I wear them with dresses but definitely make sure it’s short enough, not like super skank short but you don’t want to lose your legs between a dress and boots. also go for a neutral dress, anything with a loud print will be way too much. a simple white summer dress is the easiest & cutest. in the winter just wear them over jeans & once again keep colors neutral. i also really like wearing chunky socks or leg warmers between my jeans & boots in the winter, adds a bit more of a ‘winter’ feel to what otherwise look like ‘summery’ cowboy boots. hope this helps!

New_user 61939 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When 61939 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

hee, you’re right, cowboy boots have no season. :)
they always look great with dresses that are knee-length or above.
they also look great with shorts of the same length.
(as FashionLiterate said, you want some leg between the boot and skirt/shorts, even if it’s just 3-6 inches)

it really depends on the style and detailing of the boots as to whether they’ll be for casual or crisp clothing. I’ve seen cowboy boots worn with vintage non-ruffly dresses and that looked great too.

my guy wears his under bootcut jeans with a tshirt, it’s less sloppy than with sneakers. in the fall and winter he adds a vintage 70s leather blazer. It looks great.
I think that would look cute on a woman too, if the tee and jacket are cut right.

I like to wear mine with tights or long thigh-high socks that are scrunched down to knee socks (Sockdreams.com has AMAZING SOCKS).
With pants, I either tuck my pants in and blouse them, or cuff my jeans over them.

P.S. – your URL didn’t work when I copy-pasted. you might want to try tinyurl.com to make a shorter link and/or use the “link it” formatting. :)

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Thanks for all your help!

I think this pic will help

cowboy boots

REPLY TO DISCUSSION