Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Blossom89
Style_council
Blossom89

I’m a dress/skirt kinda gal. I don’t own a single pair of dress pants because they usually are too long and make my butt extremely unattractive.

I generally buy my skirts and dress at Charlotte Russe, but it seems lately that skirts/dress are getting shorter and shorter. Maybe my butt is getting bigger, but it just seems over the past 6 months-keeping in mind I live in FL- it’s been more and more difficult to find skirts/dresses that allow me to pick up a pen the improper way ie bending over without showing the goods. I have bad knees it hurts to squat to pick up a pen >.< But that’s the least of my worries. I’m a fairly modest young lady-in both senses of the word. I don’t show much leg because I don’t have much leg to show I’m 5’4 >.< I’ve tried larger sizes-in case it was me-and they just fall off.

Has anyone else noticed this and what can I do to work around this fashion fail?

posted over 4 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

It seems like at the moment a lot of the trend orientated shops are stocking up on smaller dresses for summer coming (it’s the same here in England) so if you want something a bit longer and more classic you may have to look a bit more up market. If you don’t have a big budget try somewhere like Saks Off 5th, or maybe Urban Outfitters, or if you do have a bit more money then Anthropologie.

posted over 4 years ago

Blossom89
Style_council
Blossom89

It’s weird and frustrating. Even in the winter they’re selling short skirts. I mean tights can only insulate so much body heat, ya kno? :P

But thanks!

posted over 4 years ago

Salantha
Style_council
Salantha

thats the trend. they purposely make it that short so you pretty much have no choice but to wear it with leggings. they know alot of us are normal ladies who arent so comfortable going out like that with our cabooses hanging out.
layers. thats what its all about. layers are purposely in fashion to get people to buy more.

i might sound like i’m just a wack job with crazy theories but i’m pretty sure thats what the agenda is.

posted over 4 years ago

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

Hi Blossom, I have two ideas you could try.

Vintage skirts are generally longer than contemporary ones, even ‘60s minis that at the time were considered eye-poppingly short. If you find a vintage skirt that’s a length you think is frumpy but you like the cut, print etc, you can always hem it a bit shorter.

My other suggestion is to get creative with layering – longer skirts/dresses under shorter ones. Also, a pretty underskirt/petticoat/crinoline will add a little bit of length and the layers of fabric mean that if you bend over, no one will see anything but material.

posted over 4 years ago

Kristen_Bee
Style_council
Kristen_Bee

hey blossom89, I myself have issues with skirts, the height difference is a bit different. Im 6’2" so that might haves something to do with it but i also have a big butt. Sometimes if my skirt is a bit on the short side i will pair it with some leggings so then if i bend over you cant see through it. Usually what i have to do is get the skirt in a bigger size and then it will be a bit longer for me. Hope this helps!

Kristen

posted over 4 years ago

Blossom89
Style_council
Blossom89

thanks everyone!!! Great ideas and Salantha I totally agree with you. I started noticing that with tops a long time ago. It kind of sucks for ppl how live in warmer states like Florida because its just too darn hot to wear layers.

posted over 4 years ago

illustratekate
Style_council
illustratekate

i have no idea if this is an appropriate suggestion for your style, but i have these really beautiful 1930’s silky, lacy tap pants that i wear under questionable skirts. so if disaster strikes, i’m only showing these sort of underwear-as-outerwear shorts which i’m pretty sure i’m getting away with.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION