Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  breton stripesforever 21helppolka dot skirtpolka dotsskirt
leatherjeans
Style_council
leatherjeans

Hi Stylist,
I have a question. I have this pleated mini black and white polka dot skirt that I acquired from Forever 21. While I love this skirt and the material (it moves so well), I have no idea how to wear it or what to match it with. Any suggestions?
PS: (this is kinda what it looks like…just imagine smaller polka dots) “http://s5170336ba3279.img.gostorego.com/809E82/cdn/media/s5/17/03/36/ba/32/79/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/k/k/kk4519.jpg”;

posted 10 months ago
amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

no image shows up when you click on link.

posted 10 months ago

Off4thandGraham
Style_council
Off4thandGraham

Well the link is broken, but as for polka dots you can never go wrong with a simple shirt it’s black and white so you can do any color you can also be funky and try your style with a striped top as long as the colors are similar like a grey. But have fun and try on different tops that are in your collection and you could find something completely you Hope this helps. :)

posted 10 months ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

any solid colour top would look good..you can wear a sheer top with a pussybow..that would be a very prim & chic look..

posted 10 months ago

WinknPout
Style_council
WinknPout

Polka dots skirts are really cute and rather easy to style. You can wear a black or white shirt tucked in or a brighter color too. Tees and tanks also go well, and you can throw a colored blazer on top to make the look a bit more tailored.

It might sound a little tricky but you can also mix prints with small polka dots. If your skirt is black with white polkas on top, pair a breton striped top ( black stripes on white). Other micro prints (look for more spaced out small motifs) will also look good. If done right you would be amazed with the results.

posted 10 months ago

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

This is the link for her picture:
http://s5170336ba3279.img.gostorego.com/809E82/cdn/media/s5/17/03/36/ba/32/79/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/k/k/kk4519.jpg

The fabric confuses me, but you can try white tops or shirts. The tops could even have some cute print on the front. I saw some chicks combining with horizontal stripes.
flats or wedges could work just nicely, or some pumps if it’s evening. A clutch or shoulder bag of medium size, of any color could complete the look.
I would try a cure ribbon o a scarf on the head as well, but not a very big one.

posted 10 months ago

Metric
Style_council
Metric

You can’t go wrong with a solid camisole.

posted 10 months ago

lexiecoon
New_user lexiecoon is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lexiecoon reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lexiecoon

Solids with polka dots! Unless you are going to try to do a print combo technique, in which case a small dot print or a less bold stripe print can be cute.

posted 10 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION