Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  breton stripesforever 21helppolka dot skirtpolka dotsskirt
leatherjeans
Style_council
leatherjeans

Hi Stylist,
I have a question. I have this pleated mini black and white polka dot skirt that I acquired from Forever 21. While I love this skirt and the material (it moves so well), I have no idea how to wear it or what to match it with. Any suggestions?
PS: (this is kinda what it looks like…just imagine smaller polka dots) “http://s5170336ba3279.img.gostorego.com/809E82/cdn/media/s5/17/03/36/ba/32/79/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/k/k/kk4519.jpg”;

posted over 1 year ago
amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

no image shows up when you click on link.

posted over 1 year ago

Off4thandGraham
Style_council
Off4thandGraham

Well the link is broken, but as for polka dots you can never go wrong with a simple shirt it’s black and white so you can do any color you can also be funky and try your style with a striped top as long as the colors are similar like a grey. But have fun and try on different tops that are in your collection and you could find something completely you Hope this helps. :)

posted over 1 year ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

any solid colour top would look good..you can wear a sheer top with a pussybow..that would be a very prim & chic look..

posted over 1 year ago

WinknPout
Style_council
WinknPout

Polka dots skirts are really cute and rather easy to style. You can wear a black or white shirt tucked in or a brighter color too. Tees and tanks also go well, and you can throw a colored blazer on top to make the look a bit more tailored.

It might sound a little tricky but you can also mix prints with small polka dots. If your skirt is black with white polkas on top, pair a breton striped top ( black stripes on white). Other micro prints (look for more spaced out small motifs) will also look good. If done right you would be amazed with the results.

posted over 1 year ago

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

This is the link for her picture:
http://s5170336ba3279.img.gostorego.com/809E82/cdn/media/s5/17/03/36/ba/32/79/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/k/k/kk4519.jpg

The fabric confuses me, but you can try white tops or shirts. The tops could even have some cute print on the front. I saw some chicks combining with horizontal stripes.
flats or wedges could work just nicely, or some pumps if it’s evening. A clutch or shoulder bag of medium size, of any color could complete the look.
I would try a cure ribbon o a scarf on the head as well, but not a very big one.

posted over 1 year ago

Metric
Style_council
Metric

You can’t go wrong with a solid camisole.

posted over 1 year ago

lexiecoon
New_user lexiecoon is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lexiecoon reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lexiecoon

Solids with polka dots! Unless you are going to try to do a print combo technique, in which case a small dot print or a less bold stripe print can be cute.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION