Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
katharles
Style_council
katharles

I met this guy a few weeks ago, and we’ve been texting for a little over a month. He’s in town for work this weekend, and asked me out for coffee / lunch. AND he called it a date. Guys never call them dates! How excited am I, haha!

I’m glad that its going to be an afternoon rendez-vous because it can be so much easier to overdress for dinner. What do you think is suitable for a lunch/coffee date?

I don’t have pictures, but I’m sure you fashionistas have a pretty developed imagination!
- Maybe a circle floral skirt, sheer black tights, brown riding boots and a cardigan?
- Or should I go for something more fitted – a basic grey, knit fitted dress that hits just above the knee… possible with lace tights and over-the-knee boots?
So I guess my question is… first lunch/coffee date —> Sweet and cute, or sexy?

I’m not sure if this pertains, but he is a a few years older than me (2-3 years?), and in the workforce full-time. I’m almost done my third year of university. But we met at a club on Halloween, so its not like there’s a huge difference in maturity in terms of the age gap.

Thanks for your advice… and wish me luck! :)

posted over 3 years ago
Myaker
Style_council
Myaker

i would go for the second option, with the dress. :)

posted over 3 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Well first of all, congrats, this is so exciting! I would go with the second because it sounds more mature. If he’s in town for work, I’m assuming you two will be eating somewhere around his work place. In case there is a co-worker around, you want to look mature for his sake.

posted over 3 years ago

katharles
Style_council
katharles

JUKILOVE: I was just looking through your old posts (cute style btw!) and I couldn’t help but notice you’re in front of Markville Mall in your “The Only Art Left was Music” post. I live like less than 10 minutes from there! Are you from Markham too??

posted over 3 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

@kathyt25, yes! Wow, I’m so glad to know that some other Markham people are on this site too! For a while I thought I was the only one! I’m also in my third year of university too.

posted over 3 years ago

qgibsonLL
Style_council
qgibsonLL

Whatever your true personality is try to play off of that. If you are truly sweet go for like a floral skirt, flat riding boots and maybe a belted blazer. Or if you are more hardcore or rough around the edges try your fav jeans, riding boots and jazz up your favorite simple tee. Be who you are and let your outfit speak for you… :) I prefer a more sophisticated yet funky look thats a little of me. Enjoy your date!

http://noodlesblitzcream.blogspot.com/ feel free to follow!

posted over 3 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

i like the sound of the second outfit, from a guy’s point of view, i think it would be cuter/sexier than the first outfit

posted over 3 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

I think the second outfit for sure! Good luck :)

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION