Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I’m 5’3" and I know of a lot of clothes that seem to make me look even shorter (rompers, for one). What styles and colours make short girls seem taller? Anything that elongates our legs?

posted about 4 years ago
1 2
hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

You should look at the blog Extra Petite, she has some great posts on how to look older/taller;
How to look taller
How to look older

posted over 3 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

I think high waisted skirts. I am 5’1 :(

posted over 3 years ago

OnTheGanges
Style_council
OnTheGanges

I’m 5’1", so I know your pain. Seconding high waisted skirts and pants. Crop tops go well with those, or just tucking your shirt in. Also, floor length/maxi dresses, and comfortable heels.

Another thing to avoid is long coats. If you have a coat that goes anythere between your thighs or lower legs, you’ll look shorter. The same goes for a skirt or dress. (Unless the skirt is above your knees. Then with heels, it should look okay.) Go with a jacket that goes to your waist.

If you like short shorts, go with those. Shows more of your legs, so they look longer.

As far as boots go, anything that’s shorter than knee length will make you look awkward. (I learned this the hard way.) I personally think that knee-high boots, if they don’t look too S&M, can look good on someone who’s petite, but only if you’re wearing a shorter skirt or shorts. Otherwise, stick to ankle-high boots.

posted over 3 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

I’m 5’6’’ and I wear high waist-ed pants with heels. I just wear a lot of heels in general and they make me look taller.

posted over 3 years ago

nanysklozet
Style_icon
nanysklozet

Definitely high waisted anything… shorts, pants, skirts! If you pair them with heels, you’ll look like you have extremely long legs!

posted about 3 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

high waisted or creating an illusion for example same color as pants and top. idk that’s what i do and i’m 5’2".

posted about 3 years ago

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

I would try prehaps skinny jeans and heels, or leggings and boots

If you have shapley legs they are always good.

Cheryl Cole always looks good and she is 5’3 ,

posted about 3 years ago

AmyDai
Style_council
AmyDai

High waisted shorts are always a good move. Tucking your top into the shorts also makes you taller I think (:

posted about 3 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION