Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

Hi~, so where I live, there aren’t many clothing store brands that have set shop up in my city yet. As a result, I drool a lot at the online clothing stores, and here’s where I run into a problem. Most of the time, when I actually fall in love with a dress, they don’t have it in my size.

I have always debated whether to just buy the dress and have it altered/taken in. But can any type of dress be altered to fit perfectly? If so, then maybe it’s just time to find a best friend tailor?

Thanks for any advice guys :)

posted over 4 years ago
snow
Style_council
snow

I think it depends on how much you’re going to need taken in, how complicated the job is and how good your tailor is. Anything that can be made can be altered, but it’s not always worth the cost or effort…

posted over 4 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

This is always going to be something to be considered on a case by case basis.

A bandage dress? No real “seams” for you to work with. A structured sheath with minimal (but noticeable) seaming down the sides? Full steam ahead.

Just remember that tailoring is meant to perfect a fit, not to change it altogether. It’s a fashion bandage, not fashion surgery.

posted over 4 years ago

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

thanks! i’ll keep the dress structure in mind. I just like simple clean lines for dresses so tailoring them shouldn’t be a problem. i just have to decide if it’s worth paying extra to tailor a dress.

posted over 4 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

Hmm, well stores usually have free returns, so if your take it to your tailor and they say they can’t fix it without totally changing the dress, then return it. I think most dresses can be tailored though. If that doesn’t work, then buy in bulk when you get chances to go to malls with a lot of stores.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION