Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
davy37
Style_council
davy37

Hi there, I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere, but I did a search and didnt see it. I have been looking for the perfect pair of opaque, black tights for ages. Maybe I am just mising them, but it seems like every pair I buy looks much more sheer when stretched out over my legs. I am hoping to find a pair that is solid black when worn, andnot terribly expensive. Thank you in advance for any replies as I absolutely love this site and am in total fashion awe of each and every member!:) Have a great day.

posted almost 6 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

I hate to endorse them but Urban Outfitters and American Apparel have about a bajillion styles of tights.

lynnisms
Style_council
lynnisms

Well, you’ve probably tried this already, but just in case you haven’t! stores like KMart and Big W normally have what you’re after, and pretty cheap too. That’s where I got mine, and they’ve lasted me a while as well. Goodluck in finding your dream tights!

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Just look out for a pair with a high ‘denier’ number (I don’t know if that term is used for labelling tights in US though). I think the pair I have are 150 denier and they’re a bit sheer looking at the tops of my thighs and on my butt, but mid thigh downwards they’re not sheer at all.

Emilio Cavallini will have what you’re looking for, but they’re not that cheap (but then again I’ve only found them in £ prices so far, and UK is usually more expensive than other countries so they’ll probbaly be a bit cheaper elsewhere). The site is www.emiliocavallini.com it says on there to contact them to find out your neareat retailer, if you’re intersted.

phantasy
Style_council
phantasy

forever 21 has good ones.

sleepy
Style_council
sleepy

If you only have sheerish ones, try layering two pairs and they’ll look opaque. And they’ll be warmer, which is a bonus during the winter!
In addition to their cheapest tights, H&M has some higher den ones that would probably be more opaque for around $10, I think.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION