Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Kellyn
Style_council
Kellyn

I’m attending a charity event next month. Each year, the Spina Bifida Association hosts an event in DC to roast a prominent member of Washington society, whether it be within politics or the media. Well, this year, they’re roasting Stephen Colbert and I could not miss it!
But, since it is a pretty snazzy, formal event (don’t even ask how much money I dropped to buy a ticket to this event), I don’t know what I should wear! Can anyone give me any ideas?

posted over 6 years ago
rainelyn
Style_council
rainelyn

im thinking cocktail dress. nothing over the top.

posted over 6 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

black dress. simple. perhaps v line neck. thick strap. sleek updo (e.g. a sleek bun or ponytail). versatile heels in silver.

posted over 6 years ago

Kellyn
Style_council
Kellyn

Thanks, all. I’ll have to hit the stores soon. (I loved how once I told the ‘rents I was attending the event, my father said: “You’re going to have to buy something new to wear, aren’t you?”)
I actually have fairly short hair… not even shoulder length and kinda layered. Any more hair suggestions?

posted over 6 years ago

Nikki
Style_council
Nikki

I would do your hair like Charlize Theron or Natalie Portman wears their bobs on the red carpet. You can definitely smooth it out for a vintage Hollywood vibe.
Given that the event is in DC, I would go as conservative as possible. That said, you aren’t limited to black… I think a very mature jewel tone would be very pretty and would stand out (and not in a bad way).

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION