Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
granolagirl
Style_council
granolagirl

I recently bought a tan pair of ‘Tespi’ Roberto Cavalli sunglasses for $80 off the internet. (yes, they’re authentic, I just got a great deal is all) The day came when they arrived in the mail, but they’re much larger than I’m used to wearing. I’m used to the Ray Ban Clubmaster (http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/0/3987/30_2008/Rachel-Bilson.preview.jpg), so the size change is substantial. It’s like putting panty hose on for the first time.

I can’t smile without the glasses moving up on my face. They touch my cheeks. Is that normal with oversize lenses? Have a look.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/MudPudle10/Europa198.jpg)

I have an oval face, and I thought I could pull off any sunglasses shape, but really I need an opinion other than my boyfriend who’s overseas and is looking through a webcam. Help! Are they too big? Gaudy? Or just fabulous?

posted over 5 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think they look fine on you, and they’re really nice sunglasses

posted over 5 years ago

fernandaP
Style_council
fernandaP

it looks great =) it is totally normal to me

posted over 5 years ago

BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

Really cute. The color is different than what you usually see.

posted over 5 years ago

granolagirl
Style_council
granolagirl

I sent them back a week ago. I loved the details— I love snakes, and Cavalli uses snakes so much. I just couldn’t get used to how big they were on me. I’m not ready for that kind of commitment yet ;)

On to different fashion ideas…

posted over 5 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

there is no such thing as too big sunglasses

posted over 5 years ago

heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

^^ Not true! If your sunnies slip forward when you bend forward, or keep sliding down your nose, they are definitely too big. They should feel secure on your face. Optical places can adjust the fit to an extent, but sometimes they are just big for some people’s faces.

I don’t like the feeling of sunglasses touching my cheeks either. I don’t find the bug-eyed look to be very flattering either. Wise decision sending them back. If you love snakes, you should check out the Robert Lee Morris and Elizabeth & James jewelry collab – there’s a few snake peices that are a lot more classic than super-oversized shades.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION