Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  fashionfunseasonsuede shoesthe 21st century
God_Made_Me_Funky
Style_council
God_Made_Me_...

Hi

I was planning to buy a lovely pair of purple suede sandals and was wondering if suede can be worn during spring and summer. Plz advice

posted over 5 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Suede can be worn any time of year. I would wear suede in summer, its the best season for it in my opinion because there’s less chance of it getting messed up by rain. Plus purple would go great with some of the brightly colored dresses and accessories that are about this season.

posted over 5 years ago

kashuler
Style_council
kashuler

I always wear suede. Boots, sandals, heels, flats, ect. As long as the colors are nice for the season and they go with whatever you’re wearing I don’t see why not. Do you have a picture of them, I’d love to see what they look like!

posted over 5 years ago

elora
Style_council
elora

i would think since they are sandals, they’re good for spring/summer…. i wouldn’t wear suede boots though, personally.

posted over 5 years ago

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

Definitely – I actually keep my red suede wedges for the summer as you’ve less chance of ruining them, unless you do something silly like walking on dewy grass (which I, no doubt, will do). The shoes you like sound gorgeous – suede is so lovely when it’s brightly coloured. :)

posted over 5 years ago

God_Made_Me_Funky
Style_council
God_Made_Me_...

A big thanks to everyone for their inputs, I guess I should go ahead and check out my shopping cart. Would upload the pics once, I have them with me.

posted over 5 years ago

Elle_D
Style_council
Elle_D

Honestly, I hate to go against the crowd, but I have always been told that suede is meant for colder seasons (Fall and Winter and a little into Spring), especially for shoes. However, since they are sandals you might be able to get away with it… but as a rule, suede is like velvet and tweed — meant for cold weather :)

posted over 5 years ago

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

sandels- yes
anything else- no
its too heavy of a material to be worn during that season unless its in sandle form. The jeffrey campbel fringe sandle is one of my favorites

posted over 5 years ago

heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

I disagree that suede is meant for colder months – most leather stores get suede items in for the spring season, especially in neutral colours like tan, nude and cream. I’ve also seen a lot of booties, especially ones with perforations or cut-outs in them, available for S/S. As for sandals, when else can you really wear them but in the summer?

posted over 5 years ago

dancelex
Style_council
dancelex

I have a fantastic pair of suede slouch peeptoe booties in a fab purple color. I have a tank that I want to wear and would go perfectly with the shoes. With it being almost May, can I still wear the suede peeptoe booties?

posted over 5 years ago

thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

Yes, suede sandals are perfect for summer. I own a pair that has lasted several years now. Just try and make sure they don’t get wet, and buy a suede brush-and-eraser to clean and maintain them.

posted over 5 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Yes! I love suede, any time of the year :) With the exception of really tall suede boots, which would perhaps be less appropriate in summer.

posted over 5 years ago

Notofthisage
Style_council
Notofthisage

more so than in the winter. I made the imprudence( i’m not calling it a mistake) of buying brown suede boot and in my country there’s a two week gap in autumn and a two week gap in spring when i can wear them since it’s cold enough for boost but it won’t rain and mess them up. Sorry for the long rant. I though I’d give an example of a suede item that does warrant a second thought. Yours on the other hand does not. Go for it!

posted about 3 years ago

Polkadotblink
New_user Polkadotblink is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Polkadotblink reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Polkadotblink

I think suede is suitable for summer as most people are reluctant to wear it in winter as it might get damaged. If you put the sandals with the right outfit, i’m sure they will look amazing!

posted about 3 years ago

sambiyunbride
New_user sambiyunbride is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When sambiyunbride reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sambiyunbride

hhmm, I think the suede can be used for various seasons according to individual taste but are also more suitable for summer because it fits the ingredients and if used winter wear it will feel less comfortable and easily damaged.

posted about 3 years ago

kitschy_
Style_council
kitschy_

Yes, go for it! Especially in late spring and summer – there’s less chance of it being rainy and the shoes getting ruined. But, if you have a suede shoe with cut outs (flats or even some sandals), it’s more more warm-weather oriented.

posted about 3 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

it might make your feet sweat but if you don’t mind, go for it

posted about 3 years ago

EvaMurray
New_user EvaMurray is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When EvaMurray reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
EvaMurray

What is great about this 21st century and especially 2014....anything goes.  Live it up and look great. The young ladies have the right idea.  Enjoy fashion...it is not just for the right season anymore!

posted 4 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION