Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
greenacresmama
New_user greenacresmama is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When greenacresmama reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
greenacresmama

Hi, first time posting. I am really stumped. About to buy a great pair of boots for VA snow and walking; like DC winter, but I live in the mountains – my kids and I go out a lot. I am a deep red head. I wear a lot of vintage skirts with usually modern tops and sweaters. A heart shape necklace of some sort or pearls. I usually wear very traditional prints (plaids and tweeds) and sometimes amazingly rainbow ones and dark denims. My coloring is warm autumn and I wear the spectrum of the leaves, but also pinks, creams, whites, and peach but save it for spring mostly. Everyone has really inspired me to be so folk, artsy, eclectic and vintage off here for a while and I am very grateful. I really am not sure how to post pictures of my outfits because I have two toddlers.

I am really hoping for a boot that I would love to wear with almost all my colors. I do own a dark and black ankle boot. Would you please help me pick a pair? I know they aren’t so fashionable, but keen’s are amazing for my daily milage and playground life. I would like to get some skinny jeans soon and pretty sure they will be darker and neat.

dark brown or camel brown..

http://www.altrec.com/keen/womens-clara-high-boots

hugs!!!!

posted over 2 years ago
Mishelle
Style_council
Mishelle

dark brown!

posted over 2 years ago

hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

I like the dark brown ones :)
Here are also some more suggestions, and here are some cute outfit ideas for winter at the playground!

posted over 2 years ago

valmins
New_user valmins is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When valmins reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
valmins

The dark brown ones are great.

posted over 2 years ago

rachelcollis
New_user rachelcollis is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When rachelcollis reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
rachelcollis

Definately prefer the dark brown ones!

posted over 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

the dark brown ones are nice. You could also consider an olive green. It sounds like that color would also match a lot of the colors you wear. :)

posted over 2 years ago

greenacresmama
New_user greenacresmama is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When greenacresmama reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
greenacresmama

Okay! Wow! Thank you for giving me so much clarity! It is very helpful!!!

Hil-Live, those boots by Penelope are so me! That actually reminds me of the toys “Santa” brings my little ones (love etsy, novanaturals, and Magic cabin). I would love to own those! (and I can’t :)) The others, Uggs, and Sorels I tried, but the uggs took forever to get on, like really (the tall ones) and the Sorel (cate the great) was like huge big foot my goodness this is a huge shoe on my foot and not so cute with my skirts or smaller frame. The Keens actually looked more woodsy than I thought and the toe kick (not scuffed boot) really helps me relax as my kids dance on my feet. Yesterday we went into DC and I was foot checking everyone. The girls in the high boots and skinny jeans were everywhere without laces, but… I love wearing festive wool prints from the 50’s or union tag age. I think the keen lace-ups are going to gel.

The cream outfit on the left is exactly what I wear on top and of course with jeans. Somehow those drape cardigans and belts are cuddle magnets with my kids. I was really worried about my lace-ups for the reasons too. It seems like sleek really brings out our inner beauty in our eyes and smile so much more. But.. they do seem to dress up my spunky side ;)

Oh yes! Olive green! I have MJ’s that are and steer towards the sale of Ballet slippers to find some in that color! I haven’t found one that isn’t a cute style or a rain slicker, yet.

Thank you for all of your comments! I will try to get a picture up! Look for it after the holiday here. I have to sew-felt till the wee hours till Christmas.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION