Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chichelee
Style_council
chichelee

I want a tattoo really badly, not a big one, but noticeable enough, I HATE cliche tattoo’s that every girl has, and I’m trying to think of an edgy chic tattoo that will be unique and stand out, I’m a sagittarius and really believe in the astrological signs, the sign of a sagittarius is the archer, I was thinking of having a woman’s side profile holding a bow and arrow aiming it but to put a twist on it i want the woman to look very “pop art” what do you guys think? Or if you have any other ideas that would be fantastic.
xx

posted over 5 years ago
granolagirl
Style_council
granolagirl

I think in the long run that tattoos are a bad idea, because as skin ages, the ink will fade, giving you an ugly smudge on your skin. What may seem like a “chic” idea now, getting a tattoo, will become something you may regret later in life. Several family members of mine have gotten tattoos, and all they do is draw attention. In attempts to cover up something from their youth that they now call “trashy,” they must don clothing that covers— which limits what they get to wear in the first place.

Be extra cool, and get non-permanent tats. You could be that one girl that gets to be playful, changing up her look. Or better yet, buy henna and have someone draw on places you can’t reach, like a shoulder blade.

Just look at Axl Rose’s tattoos today. Just sayin’.

posted over 5 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

hey man. i love my tattoos and i’m not worried about what they’ll look like as i get old. by that age, it will probably never be a good idea for me to walk around in a tank top anyways! besides, my grandfather has really sweet old tattoos of roses and things and they look cool as they’ve lost their definition and changed color. i think he looks tough with them, and not trashy at all.

having said that, i’ve seen a lot of bad tattoos. and i do have one small tattoo that i regret. it’s these little acorns on my arm that i got with my ‘best friend’ who is no longer even a friend. oops!

but i love the rest of my tattoos. they were very thoughtful and i’m glad they are a part of my body. you can see a picture of them here.

phew! but to answer your question, i definitely like the idea of using pop art or any art that you love as inspiration for a tattoo. my advice would be to shop around a lot for a good tattoo artist who does work that you love. when you see someone with a nice tattoo, ask them where they got it and check out the shop. so yeah, good luck with whatever you choose!

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

That sounds really cool!

To be honest, I wouldn’t worry about making your tattoo “chic.” It’s something that should have a lot of meaning to you, and you did mention that you’re into astrology.

I’m going to be in trouble if I have money when I’m eighteen… haha.

posted over 5 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

i really like that idea! and i agree with the comments above, don’t worry about making a tattoo “chic”. as long as it has a lot of meaning and you have given it a lot of thought, it doesn’t matter what other people would think of it.

i have a tattoo on my inner bottom lip and they only really last like five to ten years, so that could be a good place to put a small word that inspires you, like maybe a characteristic of a sagittarius that you most identify with.

posted over 5 years ago

BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

Get something that stands out to you. Tattoos are usually permanent, don’t go for what’s “in” now. Go with something that has meaning.

posted over 5 years ago

ladyj88
Style_council
ladyj88

i have two tats one says carpe diem and the other says love is patient love is kind love never fails. i have like 6 more on the cranium that i plan to get at different junctures in my life…like my first childs footprint and name on the bottom of my foot, a phoenix after i find myself spiritually…basically big moments that matter to me will be when i might get under that needle again.

i hate the cliches tats and i saw a phoenix tat on someone that i had thought about getting and all of a sudden decided im gonna draw that one out myself. its extremely personal so why walk around with the same tat as the next girl?

chic or not it has to be something you know you can live with. that fits with your future who cares about the rest?

posted over 5 years ago

mindgames
Style_council
mindgames

Tattoos are really subjective. What may be completely “chic” to you may be horrifying to the next person. But then again that’s true with all art.

Good luck, it sounds beautiful post pictures when you finally get it done!

(A random tidbit: the most amazing tattoo i’ve ever seen was an octopus on the top of a girls foot, its always stuck with me :)

posted over 5 years ago

GoXtina
Style_council
GoXtina

I want to get one on my back but I am not sure yet.

posted over 5 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

The archer sounds cool. Ultimately I think even cliche ones are really pretty when the person takes the time to design them themselves and has a story with them…I love tattoos that have meaning.

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

ladyj88, I would love having carpe diem written somewhere, in my own handwriting (or a loved one’s handwriting). I love that phrase.

and mindgames, the octopus sounds really cool! I can imagine that looking awesome.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION