Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
CoocooforCoco
Style_council
CoocooforCoco

Hi there all. I love the look of button down shirts, but I can’t seem to find any that fit correctly. I’m pretty busty, so they tend to open up between the buttons, exposing my bra. Not chic! Does anyone know any brands that have a little more room in the bust area? I’m a 34D, if that helps.

posted over 4 years ago
kia
Style_council
kia

I am not incredibly busty, but I tend to find button downs that have a curve in the sides, and gather in the back like this fit me better. Verses just a straight down “menswear” look.
I have had some luck at NY&Co for work button downs.

Another suggestion is buying the shirt larger, and then getting it tailored to fit you perfectly.

posted over 4 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Typically button-downs are quite straight in shape right now.

a. Find one that has darts on the sides, they tend to actually have room for bigger boobs

Button-downs that start the buttons under the bustline perhaps?

c. Wraps. Button-downs generally create an illusion of even bigger chest if you actually button it all the way closed.

posted over 4 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

coocoo- i have the same problem of the gap showing my bra so i usually safety pin the gaps (if it will be unnoticeable) or sew a snap button on the inside of the gap. This is only if its not tight on my bust as well. Anyone who knows the answer, please..i want to know what shirts will fit as well.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION