Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
dnase
Style_council
dnase

I got this brown leather bag but the coat I wear most often is black. What do you think about wearing them together? Is it bad to do so?

posted over 4 years ago
taralily
Style_council
taralily

No, not at all! If you feel it looks odd, I’d say wear a colored scarf/hat/some other accessory.

=)

posted over 4 years ago

JocelynneA
Style_council
JocelynneA

I love the combo of brown and black!

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Some items in brown don’t go with black, but a bag is rarely one of those things, so it should look fine with whatever you wear it with.

posted over 4 years ago

ally87
Style_council
ally87

Black is one of those basic and versatile colors that go with anything. You can never go wrong with brown either. Black and brown is one of my favorite color combos because it looks very chic and simple. You can also add an additional splash of color like a headband or an oversized cocktail ring into the mix.

posted over 4 years ago

IntrinsicallyFlorrie
Style_council
Intrinsicall...

I have no problem with the idea at all :) Just use your judgment for specific combinations.

posted over 4 years ago

erinzorz
Style_council
erinzorz

I’ve also heard that nasty rumor that you can never wear black with brown. I really don’t know what the stipulations are for that…maybe someone can enlighten me, but I’ve always thought black and brown work well together…

posted over 4 years ago

BlaqkTongue
Style_council
BlaqkTongue

I think a brown bag pretty much matches with almost anything so go for it!

posted over 4 years ago

tabdogs
Style_council
tabdogs

I have brown boots that I wear all the time with black skinny jeans, and they look great together!

I find it depends on the brown! Theres definitly nothing WRONG with it, just give it a look and if you think it looks bad then find some way to break up the colours.
Tie a kerchief around the handle of your bag or something… just break up the colour if you think it doesn’t work!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION