Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Kitsch
Style_council
Kitsch

I’m super petite and it makes buying jackets and coats really difficult…I look like I’m drowning in them. Any advice? I try to stick with jackets that are on the shorter side, like my favorite cropped motorcycle jacket from Urban Outfitters, but what about an actual winter coat? And what about a SUIT JACKET?! One button, three buttons???? I really want a blazer but I don’t know what will be the most flattering on my frame.

Thank you!

posted almost 4 years ago
melavond
Style_council
melavond

i consider myself to be short and petite, but some people like to think i’am way to tall to be petite.
I say go with a 3 button blazer. for me a longer jacket usually right above the knees, a beige thin fabric trench coat, because than you won’t look like you’re drowning, nor will it cut off your legs and make you appear much shorter.

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

The key is to wear fitted coats that don’t swamp your figure. Your best bet is to shop petite ranges (quite a few brands have petites, such as Topshop, ASOS, Miss Selfridge, though there’s many more). If you can’t do that then your best bet is to go to a bunch of stores and try on loads of different coats and see what suits you. Styles you should look out for that suit petite figures are cropped and belted styles. For belted styles, if you can find a belted style you like you could always buy a non belted coat and add your own.

The key thing to remember is that the same rules apply to coats as they do to other clothes: the shape doesn’t swamp your figure, it hits all the different parts of your body (e.g waist, arms, thighs) in the right places and the length elongates the legs.

woocie
Style_council
woocie

you should try the crop blazers that are quarter sleeve! that’s what i do :)

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

i buy cropped jackets and i fold the sleeves up on most of my blazers.
if imwearing a bigger jacket i tend to wear it with shorter dresses and tights because nylon opague ones tend to make my legs look longer and a boxier jacket keeps it appropriate

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

Theory, Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, all for petites :)

posted over 3 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

^agreed, they do have a lot of good petite clothing

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION