Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
vinaM
Style_council
vinaM

I’ve been looking at a military coat online. Most of my wardrobe is black. If I get the black, I’ll pretty much have a black on black look when I’m wearing the coat. Or should I spice it up and break it off with a dark gray? I don’t know why I’m having such a hard time with this decision! Someone helppppppp

(if this info helps…i’m only about 5’0’’)

posted over 5 years ago
zyxwvu
Style_council
zyxwvu

i’d go with the grey.
although keep in mind im biased because grey is my favourite colour.
but i find it goes with absolutely everything.

posted over 5 years ago

flattery
Style_icon
flattery

I love black coats but its really nice to have a grey one because cat fur/lint doesn’t show up as much :)

posted over 5 years ago

aranell
Style_icon
aranell

Grey gets my vote too. It’s just a bit softer and would look good with more colours of scarves and hats :)

posted over 5 years ago

caroline_dcp
Style_council
caroline_dcp

black.. well just because

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Think about it this way. If you wear a lot of black, do you think you’ll get much use of something grey? If not then go for the black. Don’t feel that you have to buy the grey one just because you already own a lot of black, buy whatever one you think you’ll get more use out of.

posted over 5 years ago

Alphaangel90
Style_council
Alphaangel90

what is going to hurt to get both and that would be versatile and not limiting your wardrobe.

posted over 5 years ago

locketandkey
Style_council
locketandkey

I personally like gray coats! I think any interesting textures or patterns show better on gray fabrics versus something black.

posted over 5 years ago

_kait
Style_council
_kait

Grey and black coats are both great options.. Definitely go with what you’d be most comfortable wearing and will get the most use out of.

I would suggest grey though. I tend to wear a lot of black pants/skirts and boots, and having a grey coat would be a nice option to break up the black a bit. Plus it’s still a neutral, so if you want to throw in other colours, it’ll still be easy to match.

posted over 5 years ago

ChantalHMB
Style_council
ChantalHMB

Definitely grey. You can always get a black one, but grey is much nicer, and will break up our wardrobe as well. It’s still a neutral colour which will match most colours, and it’s a lovely winter colour :)

posted over 5 years ago

crystaljade
Style_council
crystaljade

I’d definitely pick gray. It’s one of my favorite “default” colors. When I’m in a hurry, I wear gray because it matches with practically every color. Also, I think it always looks elegant.

posted over 5 years ago

simplymuah
Style_council
simplymuah

I feel like black is more classic. It would definitely go with what you already have but grey could add a little something to what you already have. I think personally, I’d probably pick black depending on the jacket but I could see grey being super cute as well…lol. I should have never answered this post.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION