Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sbc7823
Style_council
sbc7823

Can you pair black leggings with brown boots? What color top would be best – a neutral or could you do a bright color? thanks! :)

posted almost 5 years ago
lightssobright
Style_council
lightssobright

yarr i just did this yesterday, and i still can’t decide if I should have worn grey (or teal) tights! I had a deep purple top and a yellow/brown plaid skirt:D

sbc7823
Style_council
sbc7823

I have definitely seen it on pics in here and on celebs…I’m just not sure bc people seem to think that black and brown never match but I think they should in some cases.

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I don’t write the rules, but I do black leggings with brown boots all the time. (But really, when it comes to personal style choice, you’re well entitled to break whatever rules there are!). And brown/black is actually quite a common rule-breaking color combination at the moment. Some really dark browns clash with black, but if it looks okay to you, it’s probably okay.

I think you could do just about any color on top, except maybe black, since black top/black leggings with the brown boots might look a little like you just didn’t have a different pair of shoes to wear.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION