Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
trembledblossom
Style_council
trembledblossom

I was wondering if it’s okay to mix black and brown together??
I’ve heard a lot of people say that you never wear black with brown, but I just bought these really cute pair of brown heels that have a vintage feel, and I’d like to know if it’s chic to wear them with black stockings and possibly a black top…? :)

So, black+brown=no no?
OR, black+brown=okay?
what do you think???

posted over 5 years ago
AlEsio
Style_council
AlEsio

I’ve seen outfits with black and brown that look incredible. When I do it I like mixing brown leather (bags, belts, shoes) with black fabrics.
If you think it looks good then I say go for it :)

posted over 5 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I think black works with everything!! In fact, if I was wearing brown I actually wouldn’t know what other colour to wear it with other than black… oh except for neutral colours like cream and beige… :P but maybe that’s just me.
But I say try it out with different items and wear it with whatever you think looks good, whether its black or another colour.

posted over 5 years ago

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

I think it equals no – I’ve always thought so, before I knew it was a rule. I see brown as like an earth tone, and black as a graphic shade, so I don’t like seeing them together. In my opinion the worst is when you see an all-brown outfit for example, with black shoes – I just don’t think it goes!

posted over 5 years ago

fauxfur
Style_council
fauxfur

Black + Brown = Win.

posted over 5 years ago

trembledblossom
Style_council
trembledblossom

agreed :)
it really depends (on the fabric and style of the clothes) but I guess generally brown goes well with black!
thanks guyss

posted over 5 years ago

raiscake
Style_council
raiscake

Black and brown is alright, as long as you have the right shade of brown. I actually have a black and brown dress, but the brown is dark and it looks really nice. :)

posted over 5 years ago

queenb1987
Style_council
queenb1987

i think that black and brown go well together but there are some shades that don’t go together

posted over 5 years ago

EricaAshley89
Style_council
EricaAshley89

i think it really does depend, if you could put a picture up that would be great. i think the biggest rule is dont try to hide it, if your mixing black and brown make it a statement dont play it off like maybe no one will notice this actually brown not black

posted over 5 years ago

feketkutyak
Style_council
feketkutyak

I love wearing black and brown. They key is, if you’re going to wear, let’s say brown shoes…your belt can’t be black. In that sense…I don’t think mixing black and brown is ok. One of my favorite outfits to wear is a black tunic dress with black leggings and brown riding boots with a brown belt!

posted over 5 years ago

SarahJayne
Shop_seller_2 SarahJayne is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
SarahJayne

Definately! There’s amazing color block dresses that pair black and brown, and you can tie black and brown separates ‘together’ with leopard print accessories – which often have black and brown in them : ).

posted over 5 years ago

little_lauren_c
Style_council
little_lauren_c

yeah they do! i always wear black and brown together

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION