Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fayet
Style_council
fayet

So I am absoutely useless at buying bikini’s that suit my body. I have an hourglass figure (measurements 34-24-34 if that helps) and very pale skin.

Also does anyone know where to get decent priced swimwear that isn’t primark?
posted over 4 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think New Look is the best place for cheap but nice swimwear. I buy my bikinis there every year and I haven’t had to throw a single one out yet because they all last. A string bikini bottom would be good for your measurements as you can tie it to fit your size, and the string tops are good too because of the removable padding so you can have it in or out. You should get away with most styles on top though because judging by the photo on your blog it doesn’t look like you’re too big or small chested to be restricted to certain styles.
If you don’t need one deperately soon hold out until the big summer sale is on because if you’re willing to mix and match colours or printed tops with plain bottoms (or if you’re lucky to find a matching set) you can get a full bikini for as cheap as £5.

Peacocks also have some nice ones for quite cheap.

posted over 4 years ago

tonilynnn
Style_council
tonilynnn

I say for cheap swimsuits, well first off it never hurts to buy cute ones for next year at the end of this season to try it out for price.. but normal prices I’ve found that H&M is a dear friend, Victoria’s Secret has some pretty amazing ones on sale during the normal swim season, super adorable ones. Target is always a go to, and I really like flea markets, there are usually independent designers selling their stuff for cheap and then its super unique. For an hourglass shape, definitely string bikini bottoms because as splashofcolour said, you can tie them accordingly, but also for tops I love strapless ruched ones. they make you look busty but take some attn off your belly (if need be) and make ya look a lil slimmer.

posted over 4 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I’m around your shape! (my hips are a little bigger, you’re lucky :-P) and I bought my last bathing suit at Victoria’s Secret online. It was a little pricy, but they can have some great sales. And honestly how often do you wear a bathing suit? I’m fine with wearing the same one every time as long as I really love it, you know? Splurge if you have to that makes you feel comfy and sexy!

here’s the one I got

only mine is teal not brown

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

victoria’s secret. target, forever21 have cheap ones. maybe try pacsun?

posted over 4 years ago

becalala
Style_council
becalala

Try the usual places such as Dorothy Perkins, Peacocks (although I hate that shop in summer), New Look, maybe Debenhams as they have sales on there.

Also try Marks&Spencer, Tesco or Asda (the last two do surprisingly nice clothes)

posted over 4 years ago

MissSmile1423
Style_council
MissSmile1423

Well for your body shape and skin color, Id go with a dark color striped bathing suit. Like in blue or something. Try target, Belles (and outlet), and maybe Victorias Secret.

posted over 4 years ago

blonderfulcurls
Style_council
blonderfulcurls

Bikini Village is gd

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION