Twitter
Googleplus
_dazy_
New_user _dazy_ is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When _dazy_ reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
_dazy_

i have big ankles and calves (the family curse) and unfortunately some dark stretch marks on the back of my knees that ive had since i hit my teens… Any suggestions on what kind of dresses or skirts i can wear, that look nice, slim my legs out a bit and hide the marks?

Big order, but im desperate here! i cant go another summer hiding in jeans

posted almost 2 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

you could wear fishtail (‘hi-low’) skirts—they’re knee-length or shorter in the front, and long in the back. or you could just go for maxi skirts. either way, they should hit at the small of your waist to emphasize your figure :).

you could also just go for regular above-the-knee skirts. just don’t get skirts that cut off longer than knee-length, unless you go for a full-on maxi skirt—if it hits at the thickest part of your calves, it won’t be as flattering as something knee-length.

newshoesintown
Style_council
newshoesintown

Perhaps you can try midi skirts and dresses? I have the same issue having legs bigger than I would like. I actually hate my knees full stop and find the midi length to be my best friend when I want to dress all girly. In regards to having marks, I suggest stockings if they really bother you that much.

Nina

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I dont think you need perfect legs to wear something short. But it depends on the cut/style/look…If I could actually see what the supposed flaw was I would give honest opinion. Just remember NO ONE is perfect and maybe you notice the flaws more then someone else would.
((hugs))

Earthchild404
Style_council
Earthchild404

Hmmm, I have this problem with my thighs!!! Cellulite, jiggle, large, so I feel your pain!!! If you are really worried, then a maxi with an empire waist or one that’s fitted at the bodice and flows at a maxi skirt would be pretty. _ If you are okay with showing a little of your legs, you can do what I do and go midi. Just below your knees. Or, as someone suggested, a fishtail would be pretty. Or tights, if you’re really shy. Some of the women in my family have the exact same worry as you, and one of them swears by tights, even if she’s wearing pants! Whatever you’ll be comfy and happy in. ______________ <3 hugs

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

sheer tights? but i don’t think you should hide in pants, go for shorts-its summer affter all:)

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

Definitely maxis that are cinched at the waist. I’ve got big calves as well and I find that wearing heels and long skirts definitely hide my unshapely curvy legs. If you’re going bare for summer, here’s a trick: try applying powder or shimmer all the way down the front of your leg to make it look slimmer :)

REPLY TO DISCUSSION