Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
athena
Style_council
athena

OK; I realized that I posted my belt Q in the wrong sub-forum, so I’ll edit it to be more appropriately placed:
How do you belt a flowy top / layers of tops without accentuating a big tummy??

posted over 6 years ago
fashionispoison
Style_icon
fashionispoison

hmm well i think the fit of the shirt is actually more important than wearing a belt that may help hide the tummy. Choose a shirt with ruching or gathers over the tummy area as it will make it hard to tell whether it’s the shirt or the tummy. however, make sure to choose a top that’s not too tight nor too loose. Get control over the tummy with shirts with shape and structure. If you’ve got boobs, show them off! (not literally)- now that will definitely draw the attention OFF the tummy and into your assets.
Now to answer your question more specifically, be very careful in choosing belts. Large belts have the tendency of attracting attention to the tummy. Remember, the key is not the belt but the fit and print of the shirt. Sorry for the long answer but I hope that helps.

posted over 6 years ago

fashiontherapist
Style_council
fashionthera...

avoid tighting the belt, whether your wearing a shirt or a dress.its always more trendy and comfy when letting it loose round your waist (almost under the belly) it looks effortless this way ;)
try it and post a pik for judgments!

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION