Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
taralily
Style_council
taralily

Do you think it is worth it to save up and shell out $150 on a badass leather jacket?

I’m not the type to spend a lot of money on clothes. Like, at all. It is exceedingly rare I would ever even consider this.

For a while I have been focusing on getting a faux one, but I wonder if it is better to splurge on a fantastic one that will last for years and years.

I’m looking into a black one from Wilson’s Leather.

posted over 5 years ago
taralily
Style_council
taralily

Where’s your faux one from?

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’m sure Forever 21 and H&M will have some by late August… I have one from Urban, but it was expensive. It’s good quality though, and I don’t wear leather so yeah hah.

posted over 5 years ago

Tashhh
Style_council
Tashhh

I actually saw a couple in H&M last I was there. Unfortunately the one I tried on was a cropped jacket, so it would only look good with high waisted things but it was really nice. I hope they get longer ones soon.

posted over 5 years ago

xheylizerx
Style_council
xheylizerx

I would say go with the real leather. I’ve found that faux leather can be really cheap and can start to split. If you are going to go with faux, don’t go with Forever 21, because all the leather I’ve bought there has turned out to be pretty bad quality, but that what you get for it being cheap. I guess it’s just a question of buying it cheap and having to replace it, or buying it expensive and just being really careful to keep it nice… I love leather. I kinda want a leather skirt…but then again I don’t wanna turn into a biker chick :]

posted over 5 years ago

kkkeiOK
Style_council
kkkeiOK

I agree with xheylizerx.. you basically get what you pay for..

When you get a real leather jacket, you pretty much realize how cheap looking 99% of the faux leather ones out there are – especially forever 21. It screams fake leather 10 miles away.

Get one of a classic design, that fits your body well. I usually go for e biker chic leather jacket look. It is more of a perennial style. I don’t think you should buy leather blazers, because if your body changes, the jacket won’t sit well – and poorly fitted leather blazers look worse than faux leather blazers.

Maybe it’s a personal choice.. but I prefer the touch and smell of real leather. I’ve kept my real leather jackets for years and years, and they age beautifully. Real leather weathers well with proper care. BUT. If you’re not the sort to take good care of your clothes, I suggest putting off getting a real leather jacket, because they can sometimes be fragile.

posted over 5 years ago

taralily
Style_council
taralily

Thanks for the input, guys.

I definitley wasn’t looking into Forever 21 for a faux one. They look horridly cheap there. I am, however, looking into H&M and possible other stores. Express has a faux one for about $100, so I certainly wouldn’t pick that over a genuine leather jacket.

This is the one I’m looking into purchasing. The black one. What do you guys think?

http://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3619341&cp=2446811.2013549&pageDisplay=family&page_bucket=0&int_prevBucket=-1&totalProductsCount=51&pageType=family&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&showSizeSearch=false&int_nextBucket=0&page=2&pageCount=5&hasPagination=false&pageNum=1&parentPage=family

posted over 5 years ago

xheylizerx
Style_council
xheylizerx

I like it!! It’s a very chic take on the classic leather jacket. So you’ve decided to go with real then??

posted over 5 years ago

kkkeiOK
Style_council
kkkeiOK

I think it looks really great! You should get it. But if you are getting it online, are you sure about the sizing?

posted over 5 years ago

phantasy
Style_council
phantasy

H&M tends to have good ones with cool styles, even if they aren’t real. You’ll probably have to wait a few more months though until they come out with good ones.

posted over 5 years ago

taralily
Style_council
taralily

_ I’m glad you guys thinks it’s nice! I saw it online and it was love at first sight, haha.

I’m not absolutely sure I’m going to buy it just yet. Hopefully I can make a trip to the actual store (about 25 minutes away from me) to see it in person first. I should call them up and ask if they have it in stock.

I’m usually a small/medium in shirts and jackets, but Wilson’s Leather seems to run on the larger side. A small would probably be good for me.

posted over 5 years ago

_ashleyamour
Style_council
_ashleyamour

no please go to H&M :)

posted over 5 years ago

StrawberryFields
Style_council
StrawberryFi...

I have a £100 leather jacket and its gogeous and worth every penny,it was a Christmas present so really i didnt pay for it.
Plus it can go with pretty much everything so i definately get alot of wear out of it.

Ashleyamour suggested H+M and i have a little fake blue leather jacket from there which is nice but there is a big difference between that and my real one.The fit is one of the aspects.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION