Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
aringtoit
Style_council
aringtoit

I asked this question in the shopping section, then saw this section. I keep seeing wedge sneakers everywhere, I love how they look when other people wear them, and I have some good ideas for how to style them. I wanted to buy a pair at Topshop and get a button down midi slip dress to wear with them.. but then I wondered that maybe they are too much of a trendy item. I’m worried that by fall, they will be out and I will look silly in them, seeing as there is already something slightly silly about them as it is. What do you guys think???

posted about 3 years ago
thestylefront
New_user thestylefront is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When thestylefront reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
thestylefront

I think that lately trends seem to be sticking around for longer than they used to due to economic times and such. I’m pretty sure you will still be good in the fall. Of course with any trendy item just make sure you don’t spend too much money on them.

*Fashion Tip: Every time you wear them, divide the price by the total number of times you have worn them. This, called cost per wear is the best way to justify any purchase :) So If you spend $100 on them, and you wear them 10 times, it’s now a $10 shoe! Not bad right!? I used this method all the time to justify silly purchase like Jelly sandals from Burberry lol.

For more fashion tips and tricks check out my blog
posted about 3 years ago

aringtoit
Style_council
aringtoit

Thank you thestylefront! That is such a helpful thing to do!

posted about 3 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

oh man, fancy sneakers are back? I don’t know… I wasn’t a big fan when they were like high-heeled converses. Wedge sneakers look better than those, but I still think they’re gonna be one of those things that you look back on in 15 years and go “What was I thinking?”

posted about 3 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

If you like them then buy them but if you want to carry on wearing them after the wedge sneaker trend is over then choose carefully as to which pair you buy. Something in a neutral colour with a hidden wedge would last you a lot longer before you start to think you look silly once the trend has passed.

posted about 3 years ago

ElleGivenchy
Style_council
ElleGivenchy

Screw trends. Wear what you love. I am in lust with the Marc Jacobs wedge sneakers. They are in primary colors so I know I could wear them with my predominantly black and neutral wardrobe. I just can’t justify forking over the cash for them when I’ve already decided my fashion splurge is going to be LASIK (hello designer sunglasses!)

Trends come and go but there’s always that tastemaker that can stretch an item that is supposed to be “out” for a few extra seasons. I honestly think those are the people responsible for inspiring the repetition of trends. So yeah, make your own mark.

posted about 3 years ago

MikMecca
New_user MikMecca is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MikMecca reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MikMecca

One word for that trend… YUCK!

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

if you like it and you have the confidence to pull it off, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t get it :). embrace the fact that it is “trendy” at the moment! although personally I’m not a fan of them, different people can pull different things off.

posted about 3 years ago

aringtoit
Style_council
aringtoit

thank you guys! Yeah, it is sort of a hard one to think of, I remember the high heeled converse too, even though I never wore them… I like the looks of these with dresses… I think I will just do it!

posted about 3 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

I dont’ remember the high heeled converse but I did have a pair of pink mule kitten heeled sneakers. sounds ridiculous, right? I think so too.If I had them I would still wear them because they are not like one of those trends like permed hair or big bangs that I cringe at when I see. they are more like mood rings that I feel nostalgia for when I see them. So are high heeled sneakers going to be nausea inspiring or nostalgia inspiring. If I could predict that, I would be making more money in the stock market.

posted over 2 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I was thinking the same thing and resisted the urge until last week. I got a pair for like $8 at Buffalo Exchange and love them cuz they’re so comfy!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION