Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
doughreese
New_user doughreese is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When doughreese reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
doughreese

Hello fashion councils! I was just wondering if wedge boots or wedge ankle boots are must haves this year? I heard that platform wedges are going to be the “in style” for this year. Is that true? Thanks! :)

posted over 2 years ago
LuanaRios
Style_council
LuanaRios

I heard it too! I think it’ll be a must have, but I dont like plataform wedges so much =(

posted over 2 years ago

Tsole
New_user Tsole is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Tsole reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Tsole

With the increase of ladies wanting comfort to go with fashion, wedges in general I believe are here to stay. And wedge booties are a GREAT outfit staple, I actually just posted a look with my wedge booties Click Here! BUT I don’t believe wedge boots or booties are necessarily a 2012 MUST HAVE. They dominated 2011 but designers seem to be moving more to what glamour magazine calls “shooties”, simply put sheer booties, for 2012. You’ll find sheer boots in the 2012 lines of top designers like Christian Louboutin, Oscar de la Renta, & Valentino to some more economic designers like Asos, Chinese Laundry, & Bebe… Soooo if you want a nice pair of wedge booties go for it, no one will say “that’s so last season” but if you want mimic the 2012 designer runways grab you a pair of sheer booties!

posted over 2 years ago

doughreese

10 points - Become a fan

doughreese

Thank you for the thought Luana! :) Oh well, we don’t have to follow trends unless we’re comfortable and looks great at it. We all have are preferences and what’s important is that we’re confident in what we wear which brings out our true beauty! :)

posted over 2 years ago

doughreese

10 points - Become a fan

doughreese

Hi Tsole! Thank you for the thought! I never heard of sheer booties and I have to research it. I also believe that wedges are here to stay after its comeback the past year. Maybe, there would still be some sort of wedge boots seen here and there thing for quite some time. But I am excited too see that shooties and see how bold that would be.

posted over 2 years ago

jcpenney
Style_council
jcpenney

Wedges are a great way to add height while staying comfortable. Consider a pair of taupe wedge booties, lace up black wedges+ or black wedge booties for style that works all year long.

posted over 2 years ago

ElerineMcMurry
Style_council
ElerineMcMurry

yes it is the continue style of 2010 and it seem to be more of a demand
bebe is one of my favorite designs and they have been doing this wedge platform for a while.
the trend has not died.

posted over 2 years ago

ElerineMcMurry
Style_council
ElerineMcMurry

yes it is the continue style of 2010 and it seem to be more of a demand
bebe is one of my favorite designs and they have been doing this wedge platform for a while.
the trend has not died.

posted over 2 years ago

ElerineMcMurry
Style_council
ElerineMcMurry

yes it is the continued style of 2010 and it seem to be more of a demand
the trend has not died.as long as singers style in them it will continue tresend. the public usually respond based on actor, singers, people that is in the public eye.

posted over 2 years ago

Mellanovha
Style_council
Mellanovha

I love them, I think they’re here to stay , so go for it and buy them..

posted over 2 years ago

doughreese

10 points - Become a fan

doughreese

you’re absolutely right, cynch molina. you can run totally run with wedge boots and it won’t hurt your toes badly.

posted over 2 years ago

GabyMadriz
New_user GabyMadriz is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When GabyMadriz reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
GabyMadriz

Hey… now that I see this subject… I´ve wondering where can I get a pair like these http://www.dropmocks.com/mBhJIM I saw a girl wearing them and fell in love… any ideas? have u seen them? helpppppp!!!! thanks!

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I think wedges are here for sure…unfortunately I have tiny feet (size 3 in kids-even tho 5 in womens is supposed to be equivalent I have found 5’s to be too big usually)…so I think I may have lucked out on getting any that I like… :( Maybe I will get lucky tho and come across a pair that I like that in my size!

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I have a pair of wedge ankle booties that I wear all the time, and I love them! I rarely wear heels that aren’t wedges – they’re just so difficult and painful to walk in – why subject myself to that when I can get the same benefits with fewer negatives with wedges?

Platform wedges are pretty much my favorite thing in the world, and have been since I discovered them. I don’t think I will ever give them up, but I also don’t think they’re going anywhere any time soon. I’m not sure that they are really this year’s IT item, but in my opinion they are absolutely a must-have!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION