bigships

how do you feel about it?

edgy or objectifying??

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
Necca
Style_council
Necca

I actually don’t have a problem with most of their clothing or ads. Sex sells and they definitely need it at this time, it’s a simple marketing tactic. However, the most deterring feature is the price of their clothes. I would not spend 60 dollars on a PLAIN GREY SWEATER.

posted over 4 years ago

fruti
Style_council
fruti

I totally agree with Necca about how their things are too expensive! Plus the way they advertise really emphasize a certain item so i totally get how they do it. To focus on the clothing more because there’s really nothing else to look at.

posted over 4 years ago

breee
Style_council
breee

Their ads aren’t as bad as when you’re browsing through the online store. Yes, sex sells, but at a certain point it becomes unclear as to what they’re trying to sell. I remember trying to think of a good use for transparent onesies, and I still don’t have an overwhelmingly good answer.

In comparison, other companies try to display more functionality for the items- giving consumers ideas of how to wear the product so it sways people to want to buy the products more.

Every advertising campaign is a ‘win some, lose some’ situation though.

posted over 4 years ago

ParisInPink
Style_council
ParisInPink

Not a fan. I want to shop for clothes, not cheap sex positions.

posted about 4 years ago

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

Gross.

Sell clothes…not sex.

posted about 4 years ago

LapinNoir
Style_council
LapinNoir

this is a great example of why aa is just flat-out raunch:

http://thegloss.com/fashion/gallery-the-ten-worst-american-apparel-ads/

posted about 4 years ago

TamQuoia
Style_council
TamQuoia

i know what you mean. but this is what they want. us talking bout their ads. and some people dont care- so they buy the stuff

posted about 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION