Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  business casual wearleggingsoffice wearpantyhosetightswhat to wear as a secretary
lreed89
New_user lreed89 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lreed89 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lreed89

I just got a new job as a legal secretary at a law firm with a "conservative business casual" dress code. I bought two black skirts (one looks a bit like a pencil skirt and the other is just a bit shorter), a couple of black dresses (one hits just above my knee and one is mid-thigh), and a dress with a white flowy top and a gray skirt-type bottom (hits mid-thigh). I have closed-toed heels with a strap that I plan on wearing with all of them. I wore one of the skirts today with pantyhose, since it is supposed to be conservative office-wear. I haven't worn pantyhose....well, ever, and I can't stand the look. I got the ultra sheer ones that are supposed to look invisible, but they definitely don't. I feel like an old lady with them on.

So, what can I wear with these particular outfits that would look good? Would black tights even look right with professional skirts and dresses? Patterned? Sheer or opaque? I want to look my age (24), but still like a professional.

Any ideas?

posted 12 months ago
Askfashiongirl
New_user Askfashiongirl is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Askfashiongirl reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Askfashiongirl

Congrats on your new job! I like the pieces you bought - very Mad Men era :-) I personally think that sheer tights with pencil skirt can still work if you wear a statement blouse with it. Personally, I do like opaque tights better, and I definitely think they go with professional skirts. 

I also searched for "What to wear to an interview" on Chictopia and I think some of the results may apply to you. 

posted 12 months ago

WinknPout
Style_council
WinknPout

Yay! for you having a new job in the New Year! Congratulations!!

So instead of plain sheer pantyhose we suggest you try patterned sheer tights. They will be more age appropriate and fun but still acceptable at work. Here are some looks by Chictopians that can help you get the idea of what kind we referring to. Check 1, 2, 3 and 4.

What's more if you wear a colored blouse, you can match your tights with that too. Have a look here.

We love My tights.com for their range. And yeah, since you are not used to wearing them a lot... here are  a few tips from us. 

- Carry an extra pair of tights in your bag. They sometimes rip and cause embarrasment at work.

- If your tights develop a hole, apply transparent nail paint to it, to stop it from growing further.

- You can spray your tights with hair spray to prevent it from running easily. 

Also, play with accessories to feel more your age :) There will be a lot of necklaces, earrings, scarves or watches that you can turn to. And yes, don't forget your lipstick!

Good luck!

posted 12 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION