Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaljade
Style_council
crystaljade

Hey, guys. My wardrobe consists mostly of grays and blacks. This year, I want to add a little color to my wardrobe. Any tips how?

Also, I usually wear jeans, flats, and an interesting blouse to school. The combo has become safe but boring. I want to shake things up a bit while still adhering to the school’s dress code (no mini skirts and sleeveless shirts allowed). Any advice?

posted over 4 years ago
SageAguirre
Style_council
SageAguirre

Here’s one of my favorite ways to spike color:
SHOES
for example…this outfit:

http://www.polyvore.com/why_love_dr_martens_shoess/set?id=14489696

Doc Martens are kind of flats..
you can wear them with jeans, skirts, tights… a blouse..

another way is to wear bright colored tights with monotone pieces..
like, a black dress that goes slightly above the knee, black boots, maybe a jacket and a hat.. then bright red tights.,… or bright pink, blue, purple,….

EXPLORE girl..! :)

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 7686 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 7686 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

This sounds like my life haha

I usually work with shoes and scarves when I try to add color. I have found some amazing flats in different colors as well as heels, boots, etc. And scarves are great with anything. If you’re in a hot weather area, go with a light summer scarf! It’s a great pop of color.

I want to try to add more color in the future with tights and hats. Tights are a bit of a commitment, but when done well I think they look great (I hope to get a pair of maroon tights for this). And I never wear hats but I want to try. I do tend to go towards more neutral colored hats but I think that pink or blue could really add something too.

posted over 4 years ago

EllG
Style_council
EllG

I love blacks and greys….if your not a bright colour kinda girl, I suggest some of the interesting darker colours. I have FAR too many blue items in my wardrobe and dark green is good, as (although not reaaally an adventurous colour) it can look almost black but be amazingly flattering to skin tones.

This is on the very conservative side, but it’s my approach…!

posted over 4 years ago

crystaljade
Style_council
crystaljade

Great tips, guys! Thanks a lot. All your suggestions gave me a lot of ideas. I’m definitely going to explore all your ideas. :)

posted over 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Using accessories to add color is a great idea. Scarves, bags, etc. all work well.

If you’re trying to become more colorful overall, I’d suggest using other colors as neutrals – navy, olive green, and tan can all look wonderful while still remaining neutral and versatile.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION