Twitter
Googleplus
VCF
New_user VCF is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When VCF reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
VCF

I’ve just bought this black jersey dress to wear on an night out in a couple of weeks’ time, it has a boat neckline embellished with multi-coloured beads

I might be wearing it with black tights (a little self-conscious about my legs!). I am unsure as to how to accessorize it.

I love statement earrings, esp. on nights out but I feel they would look OTT because of the embellished neckline? Also, not sure what colour bag and shoes to wear…I fancy wearing a colour from the beads (pink, blue…something that ‘pops’) and perhaps a different coloured bag? Also, want to do my nails but not sure what colour to do them. I would love to have bright accessories but don’t want to clash too much, but also don’t want to be matchy-matchy!

Also, with regards to the accessories, do I go ‘edgy’ or would something like that look odd with this dress? I don’t want to be too formal though as it’s a night out in very modern clubs/bars rather than an occasion or event.

Thank you :)

Photos:
The dress

Embellished neckline

Neckline on my dress

Beads close up – gold veins, etc.

posted about 3 years ago
Luisanafr
Style_council
Luisanafr

Lovely dress ! you can wear pretty much any bag color , because as you said it will stand out . and your nails can be the color of the bag or a simple french manicure .

posted about 3 years ago

monchere
Style_council
monchere

I think a yellow bag would look great! But any color would work. For shoes, I would wear a pair that is a different color than the bag but still a color from the beading. Maybe gold nails!

posted about 3 years ago

renate
New_user renate is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When renate reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
renate

I think that the outfit most be based on your mood, style and personality all together. From a couple of months for example, I don’t wear accessories, or wear something very simple, that doesn’t complicate my outfits, like a classic watch. Simply, when I put earrings in my ears, I just don’t feel so good anymore, like it’s not that natural me anymore, I really can’t explain the feeling. So, dress up dear, and when you feel good about yourself, that is the moment to leave the house.

posted almost 3 years ago

JoyceS
Style_council
JoyceS

These shoes for sure! You should wear edgy shoes for such a simple black jersey dress. I hope you have fun :)

http://www.missesdressy.com/55051-imani-dress-tony-bowls-shoes-p-24121.html

misskon
New_user misskon is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When misskon reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
misskon

Nice dress!

Yeah, statement earrings will be clashing with your colourful neckline.

You can go for chunky bangles with a french manicure, and a bright tote bag. I like monchere’s idea of a yellow bag, very striking! Haha. I’d keep my shoes simple, nude pumps or something, since I’ve got a lot happening up there.

Bangles like:
http://www.jewellerylite.com/bracelet/97-tribal-multi-bangles-set.html
http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Mega-Stud-Bracelet/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2329154&cid=4175&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Gold

Have a great girls’ night out! :)

clara101
Style_council
clara101

Yep, statement earrings and that neckline would clash way too much – instead try bold bangles/bracelets? If you don’t want to look matchy matchy you could always try going for bright coloured tights – maybe red?

REPLY TO DISCUSSION