Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
noisymouse
Style_council
noisymouse

Hello! The cool autumn months are coming around (in the pacific northwest), and I wanted to revamp my style!

I’m at a loss though. I’m a leggings/tights addict, and I absolutely love pairing them with shorts and dresses but I feel maybe I’m overdoing it. I’m not to comfortable wearing jeans all the time, and I’m not creative with them anymore! I’m kind of leaning towards wearing boyfriend-type jeans and maybe footless tights though as alternatives.

So am I overdoing it with the leggings/tights&shorts addiction? What creative things can I do with skinny jeans? What other alternatives could I do? I know this is a broad topic, but if you can help with advice or pictures on fall style I would be very grateful!

Please and thank you >_<!!

posted about 4 years ago
PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

skinny jeans are extremely versatile. pair them with boots and a chunky sweater, you can do the boyfriend blazer with them. honestly they will pretty much go with anything. with jeans, i feel its really the shoes that will make the statement. I like to wear something like skinny jeans belted with a tucked in v-neck in a vintage wash paired with an open cardigan, a scarf and ankle boots.

posted about 4 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

wow jeans… sometimes when i am tired of my jeans, i take some OLD skiny jeans and cut the sides of the bottom. and it will frame my wedges/heels perfectly.

posted about 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’m sure with a large enough variety of tights, leggings, skirts, and shorts it would be hard to go overboard with the tights/leggings look :-P However, you can build an interest in jeans again. Switch up the length of the top you wear with them, from cropped to almost dress-length. Wear different styles of shoes, from flats to sneakers to booties to all length of boot. If you’re able, try cuffing or rolling the bottoms.

I also encourage you to try out another jean cut, like boyfriend style, wide-leg, flared, or high-waisted to give you more jeans styling options.

Another alternative to tights and leggings would be knee and over-the-knee socks, which are very trendy this year. You can wear them both with skirts and shorts, and while they leave part of your leg exposed to the cold they tend to be thicker overall which can make up for it.

posted about 4 years ago

artyaffair
Style_council
artyaffair

i rip the tights & leggings up mostly when i’m sick of them. i don’t buy them expensive so i feel pretty good ripping them up. my advice is probably to start with the ones you are most likely to discard if you’re gonna do that. it would be best to have an idea in mind before you start, but no limitations there!

posted about 4 years ago

noisymouse
Style_council
noisymouse

oh wow thanks those are all crazy good ideas! you guys are so creative, i guess i just needed to get the juices flowing. i have all these random of articles of clothing that with all of them before me i can’t get the outfits into perspective.

i definitely, definitely like the over the knee socks look and boyfriend jeans. i guess the weakest part of my wardrobe would be shoes, i don’t really invest enough in interesting/nice shoes!

i also like the idea of varying the length of shirts and actually tucking in shirts. i haven’t tucked in my shirt into my jeans in a long time XD! but these are great ideas.

i will definitely try these out. THAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU! and i wouldn’t mind more tips if you ever feel like sharing :]

posted about 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I’m a tights/leggings obsessed person as well! I don’t think that if you wear them all the time it’s overdoing it. Especially if it’s your signature thing! For me, I find them a lot more interesting than just wearing jeans, I find jeans pretty restrictive nowadays :P It’s easy to find unique clothing combinations that match with tights too, and patterned tights are really fun and stand out :) Instead of pairing them with shorts and dresses you could try wearing tights with different types of skirts- like body con skirts, high waisted skirts, circle skirts. Jeans go with anything really! Even if you had on some skinny jeans and a tshirt you could easily jazz your outfit up with a statement pair of boots and scarves in different textures or colours. You could also find different vests or shrugs to wear over a top when wearing jeans, even a simple black vest for a tomboy sort of look, or a lace or fringed vest for a more boho style look. hope that helps a bit :)

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION