Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lovelyyx
Style_council
lovelyyx

i bought 4 american apparel shirts (it was in impluse buy, they were only 5 bucks!)

the shirts are 2xl…box-y and long sleeved…

what can i do to make them look cute and fun?

i was thinking fold up the sleeves to a 3/4s type thing…wear with black tights and put a black belt around it?

posted over 4 years ago
SageAguirre
Style_council
SageAguirre

exactly… belts and tights are always the answer to oversized shirts..

just dont be afraid to experiment with colors..
black looks good with anything.. but you can tweak it a bit..

posted over 4 years ago

Magz
Style_council
Magz

Also depends how long they are on you, you can wear them as a dress with just a belt to accentuate your waist.

posted over 4 years ago

lovelyyx
Style_council
lovelyyx

it looks awk with the belts because their so huge that the shoulder seem is halfway to my elbow=( how can i “cut them up”? i’m very interested=)

posted over 4 years ago

breelee12
Style_council
breelee12

i say break out the scissors!

posted over 4 years ago

jeyxo
Style_council
jeyxo

if theyre too short to wear as a dress, you could always just wear them off the sholder with super skinny jeans and a long necklace. keep it simple :)

posted over 4 years ago

angienatalie
Style_council
angienatalie

YES! Do the 80’s thing. I’d fold them up to your elbows, actually (if you can), wear black tights, a belt (like you said), and maybe some cute dangly earrings. (:

posted over 4 years ago

TheUrbanFashionGal
Style_council
TheUrbanFash...

Wear a large cinch belt around the waist. Or you can use one of the shirts to make DIY shoulder pads as shown here:http://niceandshiny.blogspot.com/2009/12/all-im-seeing-are-stillettos-i-guess-i.html. Then add a belt and black leggings, etc. Cut the neck line to make it an off the shoulder shirt. Cut out the sides and wear a long beaded necklace. Theres so many things you could do!
:)
-theurbanfashiongal.com

posted over 4 years ago

northerncharmer
Style_council
northerncharmer

I agree with the cutting them up idea. AA shirts are relatively good quality, so they’re a good base for most any kind of project. Try cutting off the sleeves and giving the shirt a deep U-neck with oversized armholes, then wear like a tunic over a tube bra/top. Or, cut off the bottom of the shirt (just bellow the armpits), cut to desired length, then take in the sides and hem the top edge to make a jersey pencil skirt. OR, I don’t remember if AA shirts have side seams? If no, then cut one LONG strand of jersey from the shirt (cut around and around the shirt, in a spiral). Pull on the strand (or really long rope by now) until it curls onto itself and forms a kind of thin strand. Then wrap/layer and make into a scarf/necklace.

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

You could cut the sleeves on one and the bottom off and make it into a crop top, or just cut the sleeves off to make into an oversized tank like already mentioned. If you’re good with altering you could also make one into a boobtube dress or top. With any left over material you could cut it into small strands, thread some beads onto the strands, tie them all together and make a layered jersey necklace.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION